Thread: Hawke Sidewinder Tac 30 10x42 for HFT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Scoie , I think it is just a matter of it might be more limited in its turret travel compared to some scopes. I have had two of these scopes mounted on five different air rifles, and never had this issue, even on a Pro Target on home made stepped mounts.

I am not dismissing the poster of the problem, but feel that it is more of a limitation than an issue. Thats my take on it, although I would be interested to see if others had come across this. I believe that on a centre fire or rimfire it might be an issue, where you need more travel for increased trajectory over longer distances.
    I have only had this issue once on a 4x14x44 ffp menace, and I managed to get over it, and I would buy another of those without hesitation. Thinking back that was a barrel alignment problem anyway.
    I use a couple of Sightron 10x42 scopes for HFT, and although the TAC 30 10x42 is not quite as solidly made as the £550 Sightron, they are a pretty good alternative. Obviously they are not Sightron glass either but very good for the price. They are very bright and a nice clean image with one of the best rets out there for hunting or HFT. I used mine for hunting for quite a while, and it was a lot more usable than I thought for chasing squirrels through trees, and medium to long range rabbits with a .177 sub 12 ft air rifle. Mine has a dodgy illumination switch but apart from that its very good and i have used over 50 different scopes over the years.
    If you can live with a 50mm front end, the Nite eye is a viable alternative with the same glass and reticle.
    As a medium priced HFT scope this would still be one of my first choices to recommend for any budding new HFT shooter. The main issue that I have heard is that some people have complained of PX error, but unless you buy something like a 32mm objectice or MTC connect, then you will get some PX error in most scopes with a 40mm objective and bigger.
    Last edited by DEAN C.; 29-07-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    BASC