Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stainless ROA - is this barrel ok?

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    is it stainless or is it London gray? my euroarms R&S is london gray and its described as rust resilient
    London gre/ay is a finish treatment on the surface of a gun of any kind. The Ruger Old Army was supplied in blued finish or brush-finished stainless steel - no other finish was ever available, to my knowledge. One I looked at this very morning has a black interior to the barrel. I'm betting it's as a result of using the subs rather than BP.

tac

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    On finish - mine has a bright polished finish externally, but I have seen brushed finish ones too. IIRC all the brushed finish ones had adjustable target sights - mine has fixed sights.

On the dark bore - have not used BP substitute for many years. It has only turned dark recently and the only change I can think of is that have started using Wurth saBesto ULTRA 2040 after cleaning rather than WD40, but I spray the 2040 all over it and it's only the bore which is dark. Maybe just an age thing?

On London Grey - I have seen it on a friends Euroarms R+S and it really does not look like SS (quite attractive all the same).
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    On finish - mine has a bright polished finish externally, but I have seen brushed finish ones too. IIRC all the brushed finish ones had adjustable target sights - mine has fixed sights.

On the dark bore - have not used BP substitute for many years. It has only turned dark recently and the only change I can think of is that have started using Wurth saBesto ULTRA 2040 after cleaning rather than WD40, but I spray the 2040 all over it and it's only the bore which is dark. Maybe just an age thing?

On London Grey - I have seen it on a friends Euroarms R+S and it really does not look like SS (quite attractive all the same).
    No, it doesn't look like stainless steel, it's not meant to. Stainless steel did not exist when London gre/ay as popular. It is a surface finish much-loved in the latter part of the 19th C.

tac