Thread: target-tronics chrono

target-tronics chrono

i have the above, and theres a red type of plastic covering the sensors, i want to replace this on one side, does anyone know what this film is and how can i get hold of it

No idea, but just a thought clear glass & plastics tend to come with a protective film which is supposed to be removed before use (think laptop/phone screens) maybe that's what it is & should be removed.

Try item #161245684689 on the bay, red acrylic sheet. Available in a variety of sizes, but an A5 sheet 3mm thick is under £3 delivered and should do the job. Being acrylic it is quite easy to cut and work.

The sensors IIRC were IR, less sensitive to stray light etc which can make chronos tempramental.

I have replaced mine with clear plastic from normal household packaging that everyday items are bought in. It does not have to be red, and clear plastic is fine.

My PM110 works fine like this in any light or even darkness. I was given the tip by another Target Tronics owner.
    BASC

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    I found clear plastic beter than the red,some times the red would cause bad shots on the .177 calibre in low light.
    kevG

It's the plastic that people used to put over red LED character displays so you could see the characters but not the workings.

There isn't usually quite enough room under the tunnel to fit the LED's so the plastic needs to bulge up a bit.

If you use the thick red display filter, expensive but available, I'd stick it inside the tunnel with double sided tape rather than below.

Whatever you use, place a bit in first to make sure it is infra red clear before you start gluing.

Good luck