Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Umarex PCP

Wheres it made. Gamo are not exactly well known for their after sales service and warranty work as our US friends often recount on their forums It looks like another parts bin job of BSA pcp bits and sold at Gamo prices in an effort to get a few more out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Wheres it made. Gamo are not exactly well known for their after sales service and warranty work as our US friends often recount on their forums It looks like another parts bin job of BSA pcp bits and sold at Gamo prices in an effort to get a few more out of the door.
    The rifle this thread is about us a German made Umerex/Walther rifle, not a Spanish Gammo. It must be built down to a price to a certain amount but it has a high quality Italian stock so not too much down to a price. It does only come with one magazine though.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Thanks for putting me right. Must be the sun

I liked the look of this but:

In the Pelpax advert the specification say it has a one stage trigger that could be a real let-down.
    surely not Walther?

Been Shooting the R8 and I have to say its a very nice handling rifle, short and very pointable, the trigger feels great even tho it is a single stage unit, a damn site better than a lot of guns
    costing more. The blueing on the one I have here is superb, it has a deeeeep black blue colour. the Mineli stock is nicely finished with good grip chequering, until you actually hold a R8 you don't realise how nice it actually is.

The magazine works perfectly, it cycles every time, I fired off 10 mags without fault, Walther have decided to fit a manual safety instead of a auto safety which isn't a bad thing tbh. The muzzle
    has a nice 1/2 inch UNF thread neatly hidden away under the knurled thread protector, I fitted a Swift Stumpy silencer to it and all i could hear was the pellet hitting the target..

I fitted a larger cocking bolt to mine as I find the original a little small for my own taste.

Don't knock it until you try it its very good value for money, this rifle will get a lot of the big boys looking over their shoulder..

Last edited by william; 29-07-2014 at 04:51 PM.

It certainly looks nice in your photos, how does it group at 25/30 yards?

Personally I would prefer a cheaper stock and a proper two stage trigger, I wonder if anything can be done to it.

For the price it seems amazing and at that price there will always have to be compromises, shame they chose the trigger to save the money,to me the trigger is the most important part of any rifle, not sure I could live with a single stage,obviously until l can get to try one I can't be sure

got any photos of the cocking lever and maybe a shot group,like to see some chrono results.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer View Post
    got any photos of the cocking lever .
    As far as I can tell it has the same action as the hammerli 850 magnum and the Walther 1250 Dominator so look at pictures of those to see details of the action.
    Protek chronoed their one and it came out at 11.75ftlbs with 3fps between shots. The Dominator is regulated and I think the Rotex is as well.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/image...closed-web.jpg
    Last edited by Bjacobs571; 29-07-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Thumbs up

It sounds like a nice rifle let down by that stock

Please tell me its not an 850 action.....it has to be better than that i hope!

I actually quite like the look of the stock but it seems I'm in the minority

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Please tell me its not an 850 action.....it has to be better than that i hope!
    I read on the talarms site that its based on the air magnum

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    I read on the talarms site that its based on the air magnum
    as i said before, regulated they can be wonderfully consistent, however a poor hammer design makes them VERY wasteful also. The trigger on the 850 is actually ok and you can make it lighter and more predictable so that is not all that bad.

I was going to recommend one to a mate, he already has a regulated 850 so this is not an upgrade for him.

Thumbs up

I suppose they're build to a price that looks tempting a bit like the gamo coyote .....swings and roundabouts

Yes I think it is 99% Airmagnum / Dominator action, I have never had a problem with the way the Airmagnum works, infact I have found it to be very reliable, The R8 didn't show any signs
    of being any different, it was very smooth & precise. I now has a aluminium mag instead of plastic.

Targets set at 24 yds not of rest free hold 8 shots into each

Quote Originally Posted by william View Post
    Yes I think it is 99% Airmagnum / Dominator action, I have never had a problem with the way the Airmagnum works, infact I have found it to be very reliable, The R8 didn't show any signs
    of being any different, it was very smooth & precise. I now has a aluminium mag instead of plastic.

Targets set at 24 yds not of rest free hold 8 shots into each

William

here is a shot string from the 850 I built, this one is .22 and at the time of the strong had the 850 barrel, when i sold it I had installed a .22 HW barrel shrouded in carbon ...fully water proof built as a farm gun. As I said reasonable trigger, in pcp form very consistent, just suffered from massive hammer bounce and lots of waste air. I was actually able to make a debounce device for the .177 850 I have but it never worked as well on the .22.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...hotstring2.PNG

from a 210bar fill with a 213cc tank with Ninja reg I managed 180 shots on reg, it would shoot the first and the last shot out the tank with no reg curve, my mate loves it although he has now educated himself and wants to lose the hammer bounce so he gets more shots per fill as he is pumping and knows the gun is wasting air. I changed the comb riser to one glued onto the stock (much neater), here is the gun just before i sold it..the ultimate ratting setup, bomb proof
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...n_IMG_0235.JPG

I will still have a look at one, it may be better than the 850....however its looking more like he will be getting a second hand scorpion t10 or se now due to them being much more easy to tune and refine.