Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MPL Results July - December 2014

just updated Neil's and Bob's scores going in.

I had better do some xmas shopping at some time and not buy myself something expensive!!!!
    George

Have you seen how Learningcurve's results are going - think he is going to have to change his username to something like "gettingthere"

Scores updated - keep them coming in!

More updates some very close scores overall!

more scores in and updated.

Have a great new year everyone.

Seems some were shooting and staying up to see the new year in last night so scores updated.

Looks like Frog has taken the Pistol MPL this series unless Zooma can shoot 299.

Best cheers
    George

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Very pleased with how my pistol shooting has improved, the term "leaps and bounds" springs to mind!

Only been shooting pistols for around 18 months or so. A great tutor at my local club worked absolute wonders for me. I even shoot with my left hand now (right handed with rifles)

Tuition on aiming, breathing and stance are of paramount importance to good, consistent scoring.

Iv'e tried an Alecto, a HW45, an Gamo compact. I keep coming back to the HW40 for balance, lovely trigger and lack of recoil.

Cant wait for the next comp!
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Seriously good shooting Les

If you hadn't have had that 'dip' in the middle months, it looks like you'd have been near the top of the tree...

I wonder what scores you might be capable of with a serious match pistol.

Think of us poor souls when you're off to the next olympics!

Yes Les has made a big leap forward in this comp with the little hw45. I've had a good go with the one my wife uses and I just cannot shoot it well but I can see why it is so good in the right hands.
    Frog is a little clear at the top of the pistol table but have you seen how close it is from 2nd to 6th place, it is a bit of work to see it in the way it is formatted on here though. Zooma has just submitted the best pistol round score of the series using a different pistol a Pardini P10, that's three different pistols he has used to good effect.
    The rifle is looking interesting too and I'm keeping quiet on that until some more scores are in but again there is really not a lot in it.

well done all

George

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Yes Les has made a big leap forward in this comp with the little hw45. I've had a good go with the one my wife uses and I just cannot shoot it well but I can see why it is so good in the right hands.
    Frog is a little clear at the top of the pistol table but have you seen how close it is from 2nd to 6th place, it is a bit of work to see it in the way it is formatted on here though.

Zooma has just submitted the best pistol round score of the series using a different pistol a Pardini P10, that's three different pistols he has used to good effect.

George
    Every dog has his day

I was lucky to get a small "window of opportunity" when I did not have the shakes and was able to take full advantage of it to shoot the 6 yard December MPL round - but I have to say that Pardini P10 is an awesome piece of kit with R10 pellets - quite an impressive combo

Previously I shot the same pistol with R10 pellets over 10 meters at RMTC (last April) and scored a 49 ex 50 with it - pure fluke maybe - but another small window opened for me that day and again I was able to make it work for me - but then the usual shakes came back I started to throw the odd shot out in the white rings again and the grouping returned to "normal"
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Looks like Frog has taken the Pistol MPL this series unless Zooma can shoot 299.

Best cheers
    George
    I am well chuffed:-)

I have really enjoyed this and especially giving the 6m a good outing.

This spring summer I may try my old Airmatch 600 - I used to shoot 550+ ex600 with it at 10m (12 or so years ago!)but I then again I used to practice every day and I was younger. I stopped shooting because it became a chore rather than a pleasure so the MPL has been a great low key reintroduction to competitive shooting and has recaptured the fun but disciplined aspects I had lost.

I am amazed at Les' scores with am hw40! Les if you can find an affordable airmatch get one! - way better than a 604 in my opinion (have had two FAS604s and I never shot well with them).

Thanks to George and Bob et al for making it happen.

Frog.

Glad you enjoyed it Frog and it got you competing again, it has stared quite a few competing which is one of the reasons Zooma put the leg work in to do the whole thing in the first place along side getting those redundant old bits of equipment out from the back of cupboards and being used.
    Scores still coming in and now only a few missing and only Rickenbacker can possibly get into the top three in the rifle.

Best cheers
    George

Glad you enjoyed it Frog and it got you competing again, it has stared quite a few competing which is one of the reasons Zooma put the leg work in to do the whole thing in the first place along side getting those redundant old bits of equipment out from the back of cupboards and being used.
    Scores still coming in and now only a few missing and only Rickenbacker can possibly get into the top three in the rifle.

Best cheers
    George
    ......now that sounds like a challenge - go for Phil Mc

The new trophies for this Autumn/Winter postal series have just arrived ( big thanks to George ) so lets get those final scores in so we can close this competition off and concentrate on the new 2015 Spring/Summer series that is starting now!

Once the final scores are all counted we can post out the trophies to the top 3 in each class