Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vesuvit LC

John Forsey doesn't , their mainly shotgun and air rifle, do stock .22 ammo and small selection rifles.

Such a list would need to be a sticky.

Here is a dealer local to Huntingdon -

Fenland Rural Sports

Heny Krank's per pound - fine and medium - £17.55.

Usually have coarse, too, but Adrian pre-empts most of it to shoot from his cannon - not sure if it's at boats, or to get them started.

Discount for local club members.

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 11-07-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    I have now had a couple of outings with Vesuvit LC in my ROA so I thought that I would share my experiences so far.

Initial impression was that it is very similar to TS2 for speed, so on my second outing I tried a direct comparison.

I don't have access to a chronograph at my BP shoot, so this is necessarily subjective, but shooting alternating V LC and TS2 loads of the same charge weight, I have the distinct impression that V LC is a little faster.

Some experimentation with loads and I find that somewhere around 17.3 gn seems to work for me. This compares with 18 gn of TS2 for similar results. I know that 17.3 seems strangely precise, but I found high groups with 17.0 and low groups with 17.5 so I split the difference to arrive at 17.3! This would further support my suggestion that V LC is a little faster than TS2. I am not entirely sure that 17.3 is the best and only a lot more experimentation will tell, but it's a start.

One surprising thing I found from both outings (surprising to me anyway) was that it seems to leave less and softer residue than TS2. I found cleaning up to be noticeably easier, particularly on the cylinder face and inside the top strap. Have not previously noticed any real differences between other powders in this respect, and I can't see what could be different about this powder to produce less residue, but anything that makes cleaning up easier is welcome.

At the price, this stuff is excellent value.

I'll have to try it in my Uberti Remington next, but I expect to get similar results.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL