Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Easyjet refuse Airrifle shooters for not having license...

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Actually I think you may well find that both of those will cost more to run than they collect.
    I agree, but what I am hoping is that a little light is starting to come on. I'm pretty sure that if left to their own devices the politicians will one day decide to introduce legislation over air rifles. My personal feeling is that it is inevitable but still a few years away. Rather than end up with something being forced on us - I would quote the introduction of anti tamper as an example - we the sensible users and the airgun manufacturers should get together to create something that might reduce the likelihood of draconian measures being put on us by a well meaning government. I havn't got the faintest idea of what would work but at this moment in time we do not appear to be doing anything to help ourselves. We were not given the opportunity to discuss AT, it was something that the manufacturers had to introduce darned quick. At least this could be looked at and discussed to see if we could create a register of newly issued air rifles along with voluntary listing by sensible shooters. Something to mull over perhaps, who knows - perhaps we could do something that in the end reduces the need for such things as AT.

Quote Originally Posted by skinwiz View Post
    I don't think anyone can do anything where this is concerned in respect of 'any carrier can refuse to carry anything or anyone for any reason provided it's not based on unlawful reasoning . With air weapons it's quite simply a pressure vessel and as such no one is obliged to carry them .
    I agree it stinks and I'm no where near ever going to any event anywhere I'm just a paper puncher for fun as it were , but I did work for a courier company dealing with this type of problem on a daily basis .
    I'd be interested to know what arrangements were in place for Olympics and commonwealth games , there may be a case for discrimination etc if Olympians have no problems but the common man does .

We used to send a number of products that required signatory by a person qualified to send "Dangerous Goods" on an aircraft.

For example an aircraft has an oxygen bottle fitted to it for emergency use. You are not however permitted to send a similar bottle as a freight item in order to service an aircraft at the destination airport - you have to send it by land. Likewise oxygen generators are limited in how you can send them.

A PCP airgun would require DG paperwork as a pressurised vessel. It's been a few years since I had to do all the paperwork myself but because it is a "Gun" the association clouds in the eyes of the ignorant what should be a straight forward case.

To be honest BASC should get someone to do a DG course and then send a circular to all the airlines giving them the legal information in regards to the transport of PCPs. The airlines responses could then be used to generate a list as to who will transport what, and the procedures for that transport could be defined in the airlines procedures manual for their stores staff and baggage handling agents.

I've just had an email from Matt Perring at BASC to say that they (BASC) have agreement that they (Easyjet) will remove the proof of ownership wording as it is an ambiguity for their staff.

Well worth the money BASC in my view.