Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Easyjet refuse Airrifle shooters for not having license...

Quote Originally Posted by skinwiz View Post
    I don't think anyone can do anything where this is concerned in respect of 'any carrier can refuse to carry anything or anyone for any reason provided it's not based on unlawful reasoning . With air weapons it's quite simply a pressure vessel and as such no one is obliged to carry them .
    I agree it stinks and I'm no where near ever going to any event anywhere I'm just a paper puncher for fun as it were , but I did work for a courier company dealing with this type of problem on a daily basis .
    I'd be interested to know what arrangements were in place for Olympics and commonwealth games , there may be a case for discrimination etc if Olympians have no problems but the common man does .
    It's not that they are refusing air rifles. They are refusing non fac air rifles. Fac rifles and firearms they are happy to carry. Indeed they have carried non fav before for me several times.

Thanks for the contact details.

Basc are onto this.

I wonder if the magazines or amta would add weight to the cause?

spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Maxiboy Wales View Post
    Sorry I totally disagree with this.. they don't require a license I would complain until the idiot loses his job ... why should we jump though more even non existent hoops than we are already facing because of other peoples ignorance of the law
    This is a problem caused by someone not taking or being given proper guidance from their managers. the hoops i had to jump throughb this morn at the post office sendind a co2 pistol rmsd. I`m reaqly getting pi***d off with all this crap. atb., Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Basc are onto this.

I wonder if the magazines or amta would add weight to the cause?
    Highly unlikely I would say.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    It's not that they are refusing air rifles. They are refusing non fac air rifles. Fac rifles and firearms they are happy to carry. Indeed they have carried non fav before for me several times.

Thanks for the contact details.
    So basically they have decided not to carry non-fac airguns? That's their prerogative. They could insist that anyone flying with them has to wear a mankini if they so wanted - suck it up and move on I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by 1952paul0 View Post
    This is a problem caused by someone not taking or being given proper guidance from their managers. the hoops i had to jump throughb this morn at the post office sendind a co2 pistol rmsd. I`m reaqly getting pi***d off with all this crap. atb., Paul
    This is it.

I have exported airguns more times than I care to count, and each time I get to the airport it's different, generally because the check in staff and their immediate superiors have no (or little) idea.

I am used to tactfully directing proceedings myself now, but I have little doubt that on a few occasions anyone who was doing this the first time or did not have the confidence to do as I do, would have had serious problems.

I have even had firearm related items returned safely to me by the police firearms unit after they were confiscated for destruction on no valid basis at all, off a relative who I foolishly asked to do me a favour by carrying some stuff for me.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    This is it.

I have exported airguns more times than I care to count, and each time I get to the airport it's different, generally because the check in staff and their immediate superiors have no (or little) idea.

I am used to tactfully directing proceedings myself now, but I have little doubt that on a few occasions anyone who was doing this the first time or did not have the confidence to do as I do, would have had serious problems.

I have even had firearm related items returned safely to me by the police firearms unit after they were confiscated for destruction on no valid basis at all, off a relative who I foolishly asked to do me a favour by carrying some stuff for me.
    " Have you been given or are you carrying anything on behalf of anyone else?"

"Er - yes, I'm carrying a gun for my relative."

"Walk this way sir...."
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Highly unlikely I would say.
    Why would you say that?

Those shooters represent various manufacturers, do they not? So why would the manufacturers not be keen to help resolve this?

For the record, there will be a meeting on this subject at the Game Fair this weekend, when our legal advisors will be consulted.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Why would you say that?

Those shooters represent various manufacturers, do they not? So why would the manufacturers not be keen to help resolve this?

For the record, there will be a meeting on this subject at the Game Fair this weekend, when our legal advisors will be consulted.
    Simply because there is nothing in it for them. Why would they give a flying fig that airguns bought in the UK could not be taken abroad?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Why would you say that?

Good stuff Terry.

If you need the contact details I have, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by timmaaah View Post
    So basically they have decided not to carry non-fac airguns? That's their prerogative. They could insist that anyone flying with them has to wear a mankini if they so wanted - suck it up and move on I'm afraid.
    No they haven't. They are perfectly happy to carry them, as specified in their terms and conditions. They however want official documentation to support their ownership.

No they haven't. They are perfectly happy to carry them, as specified in their terms and conditions. They however want official documentation to support their ownership.
    Like a Scottish Airgun Licence, for example?

*runs away*

.... and "we" don't want licensing and HMG says we can't have an EFP unless we have a licence, and they won't put sub12s on ticket anyway. It's all a bit circular.

I've heard of catch 22, maybe this is also catch 177.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Simply because there is nothing in it for them. Why would they give a flying fig that airguns bought in the UK could not be taken abroad?
    Did you not read the post to which you replied? When shooters take their rifles abroad to compete, they're flying the flag for whoever produces their rifles. There are also manufacturer-sponsored teams flying out. Plus, and I'm sure you'll struggle to believe this; the trade does actually care that its customers can get the most from the airguns they buy, and if they care enough about their sport to travel abroad to take part in it, those customers deserve support.

Good stuff Terry.

If you need the contact details I have, let me know.
    Thanks, Rob. Any and all contacts / info is welcome, mate, and if you email it to me at terry.doe@archant.co.uk I'll see it gets to the proper people.

Regards.