Quote Originally Posted by Treebone View Post
Seeing that the LEE gear afficianodos are the first out of the starting blocks, i am going to say buy once buy right, that does not apply to LEE equipment.

TB.
I tend to buy cheap to see if I am going to make use of a new gadget (tools, whatever) before I buy expensive. With Lee I seldom find I need to subsequently buy expensive. About half their stuff is excellent. Their scales are crap, their dies are great. I easily get through a thousand .357s in a month. I reloaded the 250 I fired off this morning in about half an hour on my Lee progressive 1000 with no great effort. Yes, it needs careful attention as it does jam up at times, but then it's over 30 years old and cost a fraction of the price of its nearest rival. For a newcomer to reloading Lee makes for a cheap intro. When you know what you're doing you can buy better if you find the need. My RCBS bullet mould is much better quality than my Lee moulds, but I can buy 5 Lee molds for the same as 1 RCBS and they all make perfectly acceptable bullets.