Thread: Vortex Viper PST EBR-1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    I was lucky to pick mine up as a new 2nd hand scope. It had never been mounted. I think they are about £560-£600 but not 100%

I think XTX (if that is the correct user name from memory) is the guy to speak with on here
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

Have you tried this scope with a nv add on ?

I haven't as I don't have one. If someone has one and would like to come and try it, they are more than welcome. Same if anyone wants a look through it.

I can take them to one of my local permissions to have a look

I have one of these scopes, again supplied by XTXair, utterly stunning piece of kit, however as previously mentioned it is only 32mm obj so its low light performance is while good not great.

Now I also have a cheaper Viper with the BDC ret which is 2nd focal and 44mm objective but features the same quality of glass...its just got the edge on low light use...so I'm saving for this one next..http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/products...ticle-104.aspx
    I will again order thru Darrin, this scope is 2nd focal but has the awesome ret and IR to boot...however no side parallax so its adjust it and its fixed, which is no biggy to me.

Lifetime warranty on all vortex scopes, fully transferable also...awesome value for money

Do you find it performs in the dark better with ambient light than after sun down?

Mine seems too. I can shoot in a field that has light spilling out on to it from a near by building with no lamp.

Also, if I wind the mag down to around 5x mag, it is perfectly useable between sunset and darkness.

Very useful review thanks