Thread: Antique pistol

Antique pistol

Yes please!.....how much? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Epicyclic View Post
    Yes please!.....how much? :-)

I dont think it is for sale. I put it up here because I enjoyed seeing it myself and thought others may have been of a like mind.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I dont think it is for sale. I put it up here because I enjoyed seeing it myself and thought others may have been of a like mind.

I was happy to see such an old nice gun too mate- many thanks for putting the pic up

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I was happy to see such an old nice gun too mate- many thanks for putting the pic up

John
    Cheers This is the description that goes with it. I thought someone would have a guess at what it was

Got some information on the antique air pistol in the picture. It is a butt reservoir airpistol made in the 1700s in the style of a horse pistol by Dachtine working in Aachen (Aix-la-Chapelle). The .45" calibre smoothbore barrel is 12" long and the pistol has a full flintlock but no touch hole. It is 20" overall in length.The brass butt reservoirs unscrews to be charged with air by a simple pump. The original owner would have got his servant to perform that task lol.No rear sight was fitted and like a horse or saddle pistol it was impossible to raise to aim in the normal way due the angle of the grip. You did a John Wayne with it and fired from the hip or levelled it chest high at best.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    No good to me, my servant has just died of fatigue.

I don't think I'll bother with a replacement, they don't make them the same these days, cheeky sods want holidays now, and they moan like buggery when you flog them.

Dave