Thread: Anyone Know Anything About This Antique Pistol

Anyone Know Anything About This Antique Pistol

Belgian-made by the hundred-thousand between late 1850's and beginning of the 20th century, and designed to shoot .22cal CB caps IF the barrel is actually bored hrough. Or, if you can find them, Flobert .22 blanks.

I had one as a child. They were mostly found nickel-plated and ranged in quality from not-so-bad to appalling. They were known as 'birdhead pocket pistols' because of the shape of the grip.

If it IS bored through, in THIS country alone in the world, it is classed a a firearm - CB caps are still available on sale in this country.

Other real collectors wil no doubt join in.

tac

Pistol.

One of these on Evilbay at the moment called a "model flint gun",not been taken off yet! G.

fantastic thankyou for the info really appreciate it, yes mines bored through my dad use to glue 22 pellets onto the ends of blanks, not been fired in years though but is in really great condition and will defo keep for sentimental reasons.

Be careful. As it is bored through, then as Tacfoley says, it is a firearm. What's the maximum sentence these days, 10 Years?
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Hares Ear View Post
    Be careful. As it is bored through, then as Tacfoley says, it is a firearm. What's the maximum sentence these days, 10 Years?
    Correct.

Your little pistol IS a Section 5[1] prohibited firearm under the Act. Read - (aba) any firearm which either has a barrel less than 30cm in length or is less than 60cm in length overall, other than an air weapon, a muzzle-loading gun or a firearm designed as signalling apparatus.

Penalties for this being found in your possession are not negotiable - you ARE de facto guilty of possession without a license, if you do NOT already have such a license. Do you recall the poor bugger who found a sawn-off shotgun in his garbage and was arrested handing it in?

Were I you I'd be taking some very clear advice as of this moment.

tac

Thankyou for the advice it's defo been taken on board.

It might just be worth making a chamber cast and slugging the barrel as I believe some of these were made in .25 rimfire. Which of course is an obsolete caliber..... thus no licence required.

Pedersoli make a similar thing nowadays they do two versions one which takes a No.11 percussion cap and one which uses a shotgun primer. They are muzzle loaders so are not prohibited weapons but they would still need a section 1 FAC license.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSNXY...JZj7l3MXUPReHg
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

I have one as well. I saw one in a museum labelled as a 'cyclists pistol for scaring dogs'.