Thread: midland this september

midland this september

right chaps, need a bit of advice from those in the know.
    intend to take er in doors to the mids this year and make a long weekend of it.
    now then, can somebody advise on any good accomodation for the weekend that is nearby the venue,preferably with in a walking distance so i can sample the scrumpy.
    atvb
    Dean

I do not think you will find anything within walking distance unless you like a good hike. The nearest habitation with hotels etc is down the A5 towards Cannock/Brownhills where there is, I believe, a Travelodge or Holiday Inn and possible a pub or two. Think maybe 3 or 4 miles away (guessing now as it could depend on which gate you exit the fair). If memory serves me right, and if you leave the fair at the exit onto the A5 nearest the A41 roundabout, heading towards the A41, take the first right down a country lane for about 2 miles. I think this then joins the A41 and if you turn right towards Newport there is (or used to be!) a pub on the left that does meals and possibly accomodation.
    Best bet may be to Google for Inns near Weston (Weston under Lizard?) to see what comes up.

Cheers, Phil

Afterthought: Once accomodation is found, why not get you dear wife to drive? Simples.

Hi, I live within 20 miles of Weston Park, so no issue for me, however, there are hotels nearby but not within walking distance unless you want to start out very early! best options are Premier Inn at Newport, Days Inn at the services J4 of M54, Premier Inn Telford Town Centre, or various independents in Shifnal, Newport or Telford, failing this, I understand they do camping on site.
    Book early at the hotels as rooms go quickly, good luck and enjoy. You could take a taxi if you are imbibing during the day, or ask the better half to drive back, after you have shown her the way to the show! maybe that might be a step too far if you are treating her.
    Ian
    HW100KT .177 MTC Mamba light 3-12x44
    Daystate Mk4 Platinum .177 MTC Viper10x44 (HFT)