Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: polyurethane for seals

Quote Originally Posted by vobster View Post
    Yes, as nced has said both krytox 205 and 105 work as a great lube for seals, but I find 105 takes far less running in before its consistent.
    I use ultimox grease, where do you get your krytox oil from, it seems a bit pricey from the searches I have done.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I use ultimox grease, where do you get your krytox oil from, it seems a bit pricey from the searches I have done.
    Evilbay USA, and yes, it isnt cheap. However, I only use a few drops per rifle, so as long as I'm not having to strip and rebuild all the time it doesnt work out that bad.
    In other words I only apply 105 when I know the rifle is finished

Evilbay USA, and yes, it isnt cheap. However, I only use a few drops per rifle, so as long as I'm not having to strip and rebuild all the time it doesnt work out that bad.
    In other words I only apply 105 when I know the rifle is finished
    I have e mailed DuPont uk to see if its available here, will let you know, it might save a little in postage.

I have e mailed DuPont uk to see if its available here, will let you know, it might save a little in postage.
    Nice one

Nice one
    They got back to me today asking for more details so they can recommend something, they have a uk distributor and are happy to sell small quantities, so sounds promising.

They got back to me today asking for more details so they can recommend something, they have a uk distributor and are happy to sell small quantities, so sounds promising.
    Awesome

I'll be testing my 97 at petes airgun farm tomorrow night, I'll let you know how it goes.

Just heard from Dupont, and still very expensive.

Vicki Rowley

11:47 (7 hours ago)

to me

Hi Nick,

We can supply Krytox GPL 105 (a PFPE oil) or Krytox GPL 205 (a PFPE grease.) The DuPont Krytox products use premium quality base oils and micro-fine PTFE thickener to ensure that the greases have the maximum amount of PFPE oil to aid maximum lubrication.

Krytox GPL 105 (oil) can be supplied in a 30 ml applicator bottle (60g) @ £35 ex works, ex VAT.

Krytox GPL 205 (grease) can be supplied in a 2oz. tube (56g) @ £25.60 ex works, ex VAT.

3 – 5 day standard delivery is charged at £4.20 (1st Class Post), both are usually kept in stock at our warehouse in Aldermaston.

If you would like any more information on these products or would like to place an order then please don’t hesitate to give us a call, we can accept all major debit or credit cards excluding American Express,

Thank you for your enquiry,

Vicki Rowley

Technical Sales and Business Development Executive

GBR Technology
    Unit 6, Jupiter House
    Calleva Park,
    Aldermaston
    Reading
    RG7 8NN

Ultimox is cheaper even when posted from the States.

Wow, thats pretty pricey. I bought a small tube like this...

evil-bay 370608496774

A little goes a long way.

I plinked at petes farm, and the rifle was shooting very nicely, with no strange shots. I think I shot about 200 pellets I then chrono'd the next day and its very consistant around the 760fps mark.
    So, job done. I'm going to send you a pm now.

Wow, thats pretty pricey. I bought a small tube like this...

evil-bay 370608496774

A little goes a long way.

I plinked at petes farm, and the rifle was shooting very nicely, with no strange shots. I think I shot about 200 pellets I then chrono'd the next day and its very consistant around the 760fps mark.
    So, job done. I'm going to send you a pm now.
    I have just fitted a short stroke piston to a tx 200 hc and used a poly head. Only fired about 50 shots but it is consistant, and seems a bit softer. I have a full length tx with the same spec but without poly head so going to try them back to back tomorrow.

I have just fitted a short stroke piston to a tx 200 hc and used a poly head. Only fired about 50 shots but it is consistent, and seems a bit softer. I have a full length tx with the same spec but without poly head so going to try them back to back tomorrow.
    sounds like a plan

I have some alu piston noses off Wonky now, going to machine up 2 to to mate to LGV rear tubes and use LGV rods, one for my LGU and the other the LGV, plan is 78mm stroke in the LGU and if i can 225g piston weight. The LGV I will drop to 83mm as the TP is less efficient.

This all after I repair the lathe with the bits T20 gave me....

Just got to order in some vortek seals to test back to back with the LGV and LGU seals I have, maybe even size down a 26mm HW seal to compare also.

All over my head

but, when ever I need anything re-sealed, I take it to Lawrie Armatruda on here, I have seen him repair/re-seal so many different types of guns over the years. I have not managed to fox him yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    but, when ever I need anything re-sealed, I take it to Lawrie Armatruda on here, I have seen him repair/re-seal so many different types of guns over the years. I have not managed to fox him yet....
    You cant beat a good old un. No offence intended. The years bring an experience not gained from search engines and computer screens