Thread: 52g Amax wanted

52g Amax wanted

Hi all anyone got some 52g Amax in 224cal or know where I can get some please

Quote Originally Posted by crocket View Post
    Hi all anyone got some 52g Amax in 224cal or know where I can get some please
    Just seen this in a recent edition of "Target Shooter":

‘Temporarily suspended’

Hornady has ‘temporarily suspended’ the majority of its product lines concentrating on making the big sellers. Most A-Max models are OK, but 52 and 80gn 0.224s and 162gn 7mm models were among the casualties, the latter much missed by many .284 Win users. Most of the company’s HPBT Match models, only introduced three years ago, also joined the ‘temporarily suspended’ camp, the longstanding short-range 168gn .30 and new high-BC 140gn 6.5 the sole survivors. The good news is that just as I was finishing this report, Hornady Manufacturing announced that a number of suspended models are going back into production. Hornady’s 2014 bullet production list is available here: http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/...uctionList.pdf. The 162gn 7mm A-Max and equally good news, the more modern 162gn HPBT Match version, have been reinstated as have 52 and 53gn .0224” match models. Although not highlighted as a reinstatement, I notice that the 0.308” 178gn HPBT Match has reappeared to complement the older A-Max. The HPBT version is far superior to the A-Max design as a long range bullet and offers .308 Win F/TR and other shooters a cost effective alternative to some Bergers.

Looks like the 52g A-Max will be getting harder to find. Still, 52g SMK seem to perform about the same for me as the A-Max for target use but clearly not for "other" purposes

Ha ha that's great news thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by crocket View Post
    Ha ha that's great news thanks mate
    Sorry!

Ha! Found you some http://ajleamon.co.uk/shop/?product_...ullets&paged=2

Be quick!!!!!!!

Thanks mate just ordered 400