Thread: Zastava GP45 / Drulov Condor

Zastava GP45 / Drulov Condor

Zastava GP45 / Drulov Condor

Hi all can anyone shed any light on these two pistols, are they one in the same under different branding ? Any information or links would be appreciated. Just added a wanted post for either one of these so if you have one your looking to part with please let PM me

many thanks

Iain

I...

...have a feeling for starters that one's made in Czech and the other Yugoslavia although I don't know which and I could be wrong.

You haven't been charged for this information
    Pardon?

Um, er, dunno them, do we have pics please?
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

I believe the Zastava is a copy of the excellent Drulov. The Drulov is definitely the better quality of the 2.
    I sold my Drulov on here last week....

Pete.

I have heard they are a nice pistol, however sometimes have issues linked to taking off safety and they can auto discharge ? Sad to here I missed out on yours you sold last week, I'll just keep on looking and hope another turns up for sale.

Iain

The Drulov has the better overall build quality,adjustable grip and most importantly uses 12 grm powerlets, where as the Zastava only uses 8grm, unless of course you find one with an adapter. Go for a Drulov

The 8g capsule isn't really a problem, other than you need to have a supply to hand - readily available from places like Wilkinson and health food shops.

I made a bulk fill adapter for mine as I already have a number of bulk fill pistols.

The Drulov is a better built and feels more solid, though I find that the Zavasta performs very well.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by sutherland2829 View Post
    I have heard they are a nice pistol, however sometimes have issues linked to taking off safety and they can auto discharge ? Sad to here I missed out on yours you sold last week, I'll just keep on looking and hope another turns up for sale.

Iain
    Iain,
    The tales of auto discharge and going full auto are hogwash.....this can only happen if a previous owner has been meddling with the sear engagement without proper knowledge. That can occur with any airgun, but is obviously more noticeable if you have 5 pellets in the breech instead of just one.
    A correctly set up Drulov is a marvelous pistol.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Iain,
    The tales of auto discharge and going full auto are hogwash.....this can only happen if a previous owner has been meddling with the sear engagement without proper knowledge. That can occur with any airgun, but is obviously more noticeable if you have 5 pellets in the breech instead of just one.
    A correctly set up Drulov is a marvelous pistol.
    Pete.
    I know nothing about the Zastava, but would have to agree with Pete about the Drulov.

I have shot mine pretty regularly over the 10 yrs or so Iv'e owned it and apart from fitting a new O ring to one of the Co2 capsule piercing caps, have never had a malfunction of any kind, never mind a dangerous one.

Regards

Brian

Many thanks for all the updates, The Drulov does seem a really nice piece and when I have located one I'll let you know my own thoughts

thanks all

Iain