Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pcps that may become collectable

pcps that may become collectable

Just wondering, what pcp,s will be collectable in the future!. I have the following - Daystate Huntsmann FTR- .177, Bsa Ultra MMC in .22, Logun Solo .177, Bsa Firebird- rebarelled by Jon Bowket in .20, Brocok Enigma Carbine in .22 and my Brocok Atomic pistol in .22 Any suggestions

gc2 njr

Agree with above especially as I now own an NJR100. Cracking gun that exudes quality, as do a few other 100 series guns but the NJR is the ultimate.

Also agree the Sportsmatch GC2 is already sought after and still used, and the Mick dawes specials have to be up there as well.

Not sure if I would go looking for a BSA Firebird though. One PCP I should have kept is a Titan MPT that I bought for the daughter, and was lovely little piece of basic engineering quality. The Gamekeepers seem to bring crazy money for a basic crude take down and they look dated now.
    I can also see a future classic PCP being any unmodified Pro Target or Daystate PH6.
    BASC

oh fwb p70 and styer 100 barley twist

I assume we're talking modern production pcps form the 1980s onwards, so heres some names for consideration...

Early Daystate Huntsman Low (some may disagree, but it was the first of the modern pcps...great gun, I had one)
    Skan
    Black Fox
    Gamekeeper
    GC2

Rarest possibly being the Black Fox??? (...it is also the worst by a country mile, and not because of its looks)..having said that, I don't know how many GC2s were made?...20-30 maybe?

Of the modern crop definitely the MK2 Phoenix...because it's another quality British gun, and I have one
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 21-07-2014 at 06:17 AM.
    blah blah

Have to agree with most of them, but dissagre re the Firebird, it is a greart gun, way ahead of its time and in .20 its damn accurate. Have seen abull pup GC2 and had a few shoots but dont think its owner would ever part with her.

Get your hands on a Phoenix Mk2. Not only are they unique they are the most accurate rifle I own
    AA TX200, HFT 500, AS400 .22
    Daystate Grand Prix & Mk3
    Parker-Hale/PAX Phoenix Mk2: .22 & .177

Some good stuff.

Keep them comming, agree re the Daystate, mines an FTR model of the original Huntsman, 16 years old but still amazingingly accurate, have a Bausch & Lomb to fit on her.

Airpropel Nimrod PCP?

Theoben rapids will become an even bigger collectable

Quote Originally Posted by barts101 View Post
    Theoben rapids will become an even bigger collectable
    Yes was offerd one a few weeks ago for what I consider seriously silly money though.

I would volunteer the Daystate limited editions, however they did overdo it somewhat when it seemed each week another one appeared to be released.

They have produced some beautiful rifles, the Buckmaster, Red ranger and Timber wolf are stunning looking versions of their standard range

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    Yes was offerd one a few weeks ago for what I consider seriously silly money though.
    I'm a late starter regarding rapids

Will be getting rid of my 177 hw100 kt to invest in another

Quote Originally Posted by barts101 View Post

I'm a late starter regarding rapids

Will be getting rid of my 177 hw100 kt to invest in another
    I have owned both (still own a HW100) but the Rapid is still the better design in my opinion, especially MK2 or MFR, a quick fill is needed though to make it civilised.
    BASC