HW97 1:15.5" ,
    Rapid Mk 1 1:14",
    Steyr 110ft 1:17" ,
    HW100 1:16",
    CZ (S200) 1:18.5",
    BSA 1:18.5",
    Steyr barley twist 1:15.5"
    HW50 1:16"

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I think you should define "better kill" before anything else?!
    Master Debater

Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I think you should define "better kill" before anything else?!
    Yes please. As I asked in the beginning what's a no kill???
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Projectile penetration has been shown to be affected by the yaw angle of the projectile when it hits the target as well as the energy/shape of the pellet. Spin rate could effect the yaw angle down range giving a difference but, at airgun ranges with pellets I very much doubt you would be able to see a difference unless there is a very large change in spin rate between the two guns.

What we are perciveing as a better kill is: on impact the quarry doesnt seem to have the twitching/last kick/last flap etc. The quarry just seems to be hit and drops with out motion just instant lights out if you get my drift. We only take head shots also.

Both riffles are matching each other in power and accuracy and we have taken it in turns shooting each rifle side by side on various quarry in various weathers and they are very much the same performance, only as I say we both perceive the AA to give the better kill.

ATB

Matt
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    What even though JSB make their pellets. And the ones for daystate?
    I can't comment on that matey as I didn't realise JSB's and Daystate pellets were the same or is it a similar setup to Accupell/Premier/Daystate Li's where they are for all intents and purposes the same pellet but of different grades ?

What I do know is that "Diabolo Fields" shoot well in most rifles so I think it will be down to subtle differences in the makeup of the rifle itself, barrel grade/length, firing valve system, transfer port size, air pulse delivery etc etc !...
    Last edited by TORNADOS7; 22-07-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post
    What we are perciveing as a better kill is: on impact the quarry doesnt seem to have the twitching/last kick/last flap etc. The quarry just seems to be hit and drops with out motion just instant lights out if you get my drift. We only take head shots also.

Both riffles are matching each other in power and accuracy and we have taken it in turns shooting each rifle side by side on various quarry in various weathers and they are very much the same performance, only as I say we both perceive the AA to give the better kill.

ATB

Matt
    Quite frankly "perception" on something with a thousand and one variables including no circumstance ever being identical, is unfortunately worth zilch.

If you are still convinced, as others have pointed out, put a chrono downrange and check the results.

Then put up a suitable cardboard target and check for pellet impact in case one gun sends them sideways at that range.

If nothing comes up as significant, forget all about it, and like many on here, start to regard other people's perception and all anecdotal "evidence" as being of very little consequence, and insist upon facts that stand up to scrutiny and proven as a result of replicable results under controlled conditions.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post

Matt
    I meant to comment on this a little earlier and feel it to be more relevant than the minor differences between different velocities, ammo etc.....Although I haven't shot live quarry for quite a while now, I did used to take a lot; mainly rabbits and rats.

I used to say it then and still firmly believe it to be true now, but the animation, or lack of, in cleanly killed quarry I think is more down to what the animal was doing, and what state it was in, prior to being shot.

So, if a rabbit was on high alert, a little stressed, muscles tensed...he senses something's not quite right, I think the muscle memory (or something very similar) is at play. As it's killed, all these muscles, tendons, ligaments etc all extend, causing the animation.

An animal that was totally relaxed and calm tended to just roll over, no twitching, kicking.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!