Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it still possible to ship airguns out of the country?

Is it still possible to ship airguns out of the country?

Specifically to either the US or within the EU?

It's been a few years since I last tried, and had major trouble last time I tried to ship a wooden stock via air mail, it came back within a couple of days!

Is is still possible, or just too much hard work these days?

Thanks,

Steve
    Firm but fair.

I've not tried personally. All I know is that Parcelforce Worldwide show air rifles, component parts and pellets on their banned list.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    I've not tried personally. All I know is that Parcelforce Worldwide show air rifles, component parts and pellets on their banned list.
    Really? Did you take a look first?

"Arms and Ammunition
    All firearms, other than low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), including imitations and antiques; paint-ball or toy guns; taser guns; components of firearms and all other items similar to, or resembling, the foregoing are prohibited. All ammunition other than lead pellets and other air gun and airsoft projectiles are also prohibited."

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-info...d-restrictions

I just had an air rifle delivered from Germany via Parcelforce (UK part of the delivery) with no problems whatsoever.

In his defence he was right, they are on the banned list.
    Just not banned

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post

"Arms and Ammunition
    All firearms, other than low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), including imitations and antiques; paint-ball or toy guns; taser guns; components of firearms and all other items similar to, or resembling, the foregoing are prohibited. All ammunition other than lead pellets and other air gun and airsoft projectiles are also prohibited."

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-info...d-restrictions

I just had an air rifle delivered from Germany via Parcelforce (UK part of the delivery) with no problems whatsoever.
    Yes I did.
    Try and keep up buddy, age is starting to slow you down.
    The OP wants to know about sending abroad.
    My reply is based on sending goods out of the country, hence me using the words Parcelforce Worldwide.
    Air rifles, component parts ans pellets are banned.
    I don't give a fig for what you have brought into the country, it is going out that the OP is concerned about.
    If you are going to quote rules and regs, make sure you read the correct ones for non account, retail customers looking to send by ParcelForce Worldwode.
    This is the correct link:
    http://www.parcelforce.com/send-worl...d-restrictions

This is the extract to save you putting on your reading glasses.

PROHIBITED GOODS

In the event of Parcelforce Worldwide returning an item to the sender due to contravention of customs regulations for Prohibited Goods, the charges will not be refunded and a return charge may apply.

Arms and Ammunition

All firearms including: imitations and antiques; paint-ball or toy guns; taser guns; air rifles, air pistols, components of firearms and all other items similar to, or resembling the foregoing are prohibited. All ammunition (including components thereof) and airgun pellets are also prohibited.

Yes I did.
    Try and keep up buddy, age is starting to slow you down.
    The OP wants to know about sending abroad.
    My reply is based on sending goods out of the country, hence me using the words Parcelforce Worldwide.
    Air rifles, component parts ans pellets are banned.
    I don't give a fig for what you have brought into the country, it is going out that the OP is concerned about.
    If you are going to quote rules and regs, make sure you read the correct ones for non account, retail customers looking to send by ParcelForce Worldwode.
    This is the correct link:
    http://www.parcelforce.com/send-worl...d-restrictions

This is the extract to save you putting on your reading glasses.

PROHIBITED GOODS

In the event of Parcelforce Worldwide returning an item to the sender due to contravention of customs regulations for Prohibited Goods, the charges will not be refunded and a return charge may apply.

Arms and Ammunition

All firearms including: imitations and antiques; paint-ball or toy guns; taser guns; air rifles, air pistols, components of firearms and all other items similar to, or resembling the foregoing are prohibited. All ammunition (including components thereof) and airgun pellets are also prohibited.
    You're quite right, there is a different section, which is different to what Parcelforce allow in to what they allow out. Why? only they know, I suppose.
    But is there any need to be rude and arsey? No, there isn't. Best you learn some manners. All I did was ask the question, as to where you found the information.
    And no, I ain't your buddy, buddy

I was in the process of editing it out when you posted your reply. I've got off my high horse now and am only too happy to apologise.
    I have extremely good manners normally.

TNT

TNT actually does ship out of the UK, never had a problem with them RECEIVING a parcel from the UK.

Most couriers will honour the last UK leg of the journey but are on the prohibited list. They know exactly whats inside via scan, external documentation and the name and model plastered all over the box. Very few couriers carry within Germany and those that do know how to charge. Reason why foreign couriers are used taking to another country and posting from there.

Parcel Force is just for UK only, checked some months ago.

There is a way to export but it will cost you upwards of £130 and getting the UK legal rifle to them. Cheaper than most German couriers circa Euros 180 of late.

I was in the process of editing it out when you posted your reply. I've got off my high horse now and am only too happy to apologise.
    I have extremely good manners normally.
    No problem, if you had posted the link in your post it would have been easy to see this.

This is where the confusion comes from:
    Parcelforce Worldwide (which means International...)= UK only, right?
    Parcelforce International (which means Worldwide, yes?) = Worldwide

I think they should have stuck with their daft Latinisation - Consignia Dominus Sanctum - or whatever the heck their "brand wallahs" dreamed up

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    Most couriers will honour the last UK leg of the journey but are on the prohibited list. They know exactly whats inside via scan, external documentation and the name and model plastered all over the box. Very few couriers carry within Germany and those that do know how to charge. Reason why foreign couriers are used taking to another country and posting from there.

Parcel Force is just for UK only, checked some months ago.

There is a way to export but it will cost you upwards of £130 and getting the UK legal rifle to them. Cheaper than most German couriers circa Euros 180 of late.
    Tracked DHL/PF shipping in hard case from Germany - I was charged 32€. Sounds good, doesn't it? 2 days door to door.

Actually I think the link posted by rogb is the correct and current one, reflecting the updated policy which excludes low powered (sub 12 ft/lbs) airguns from the Parcelforce Worldwide prohibition on carriage of firearms (ie. allows them to be sent).

The other link is the old, outdated prohibitions list and is contradicted by the current printed leaflet here;

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...t_July2013.pdf

But finding a Post Office/Royal Mail/Parcelforce operative who is up to date with the policy may be another matter.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Actually I think the link posted by rogb is the correct and current one, reflecting the updated policy which excludes low powered (sub 12 ft/lbs) airguns from the Parcelforce Worldwide prohibition on carriage of firearms (ie. allows them to be sent).

The other link is the old, outdated prohibitions list and is contradicted by the current printed leaflet here;

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...t_July2013.pdf

But finding a Post Office/Royal Mail/Parcelforce operative who is up to date with the policy may be another matter.
    You know, the good ole RMDG1A does say you can post air rifles and pistols internationally.
    That can't be right, can it? Not if a half-blind, stupid ancient old **** like me has pointed it out.
    Let's ask Mr Harmless, he's young, clever and has his finger on the pulse of what's what.

I wish I were young and intelligent. Unfortunately I'm not
    With regard to the link on the Post Office Royal Mail leaflet, yes it does say that Parcelforce Worldwide accept air rifles.
    I'm not too sure if anyone told Parcelforce in 2013 to change their prohibited/restricted lists.
    When the ladies at the post office reach for the terms and conditions showing PF Worldwide restricted /prohibited items they will only accept a low powered air rifle if you hold an account with PF Worldwide. If you are a retail customer they cannot accept the parcel.
    Our two links which we put up are one link for the retail customer and the other for the account customer.
    Unfortunately the girls at the post office have to go by the PF Worldwide rules, not a reference shown on a Royal Mail PDF.
    That's how I read the situation.
    It could be that new printed rules exist for the retail PF Worldwide customer but we can only go by what is available on their website.
    To be fair to the Royal Mail Group, my limited experience with them is that they keep the websites up to date.

Our two links which we put up are one link for the retail customer and the other for the account customer.
    No, both relate to retail customers and Roger's link has the shiny new Parcelforce web colours, suggesting it's the current one.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.