Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which gun should i choose.hw100 full lengh. air arms s400.daystate airwolf or mk4

which gun should i choose.hw100 full lengh. air arms s400.daystate airwolf or mk4

which of these should i choose for hunting and target shooting all .177 air arms s400 hw100 sporter due to carbine low shot count or either daystate airwolf or mk4 . the budget is not important leaning towards the airwolf any suggestions please. which scope of around £250 would you also buy

If money is no object, get the best you can afford.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Thumbs up

or the one you feel more comfortable shouldering......try as many scopes as you can as not every scope suit 100% of the populations eyes
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    If money is no object, get the best you can afford.
    price not always the best admit the reviews on both daystates are very good but so is the much cheaper s400

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    or the one you feel more comfortable shouldering......try as many scopes as you can as not every scope suit 100% of the populations eyes
    thanks for that advice on scopes all rifles feel nice to shoulder might be different when scope is mounted will.bear that in mind.

I can honestly recommend the HW100 for build quality, reliability and accuracy. Excellent all-rounder at a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by PJHIZZLE View Post
    I can honestly recommend the HW100 for build quality, reliability and accuracy. Excellent all-rounder at a decent price.
    thanks have shot one and liked it its the weight not sure about for the hunting side the kt model would be better but 56 shots need more than 60 to get roung 30 target course twice.

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special

Cool

You can refill the carbine half way round, had a Daystate harrier x, lovely rifle,, but the HW 100 is by far the best I've shot.
    If you've got a good budget, why not try the aa ultimate sporter, had some great reviews.
    If it was me and I had the money, it would be the Daystate wolverine ,air wolf, or air ranger.

Muzzie
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

Quote Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
    You can refill the carbine half way round, had a Daystate harrier x, lovely rifle,, but the HW 100 is by far the best I've shot.
    If you've got a good budget, why not try the aa ultimate sporter, had some great reviews.
    If it was me and I had the money, it would be the Daystate wolverine ,air wolf, or air ranger.

Muzzie
    must admit do fancy the daystate airwolf really need to shoot one.

Any of those will be fine for starters and then you can settle for the HW100.

Have a go with everything on your list, mate - then make up your mind.
    Price doesn't mean best, as said. I have an S400 and a 'budget' Hammerli AR20 here that match guns in the accuracy department costing literally five times their price...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Hw100

I have the HW100 and can't fault it for targets and is my go to rifle for daytime hunting / lamping, some people say it's a bit heavy for hunting but I've never found the an issue.

...and my 50 year old, £75 .22lr BSA Martini is by far the most accurate rimfire rifle I've ever owned ( and I've owned a good few )

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special

Cool

...and my 50 year old, £75 .22lr BSA Martini is by far the most accurate rimfire rifle I've ever owned ( and I've owned a good few )

Bsa martini.....anytime ,anyplace , anywhere .......pity they didn't shoot Joan Collins......maybe not.. Tough old bird
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

Quote Originally Posted by muzzie View Post

Bsa martini.....anytime ,anyplace , anywhere .......pity they didn't shoot Joan Collins......maybe not.. Tough old bird
    You'd need more than .22lr to penetrate that old carcass!

( I still 'would' though )