Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: which gun should i choose.hw100 full lengh. air arms s400.daystate airwolf or mk4

I own both, The hw100 is incredibly reliable and accurate, as is the air wolf, The only downside with the hw100 k is the shot count, The wolf of course has no such problems. I have been shooting FT with the wolf, with some good results for me, Its in as new condition 2 years old and is for sale at the moment, as I have got more serious about the FT, Steyr

Quote Originally Posted by nigel080663 View Post
    any reason why not the hw100 am leaning towards the daystate mk4 or airwolf
    Nigel
    Yes, I didn't like the HW100 as I didn't like the stock or the fit of the stock for me and I also didn't like the side leaver,

I also like that Daystate are only 20mile away and have a fantastic customer support.

ATB

Matt
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.

Quote Originally Posted by chris666 View Post
    I have both the airwolf with hawke nite eye sr12 & s400 superlight with mamba lite
    both are great bits of kit
    the airwolf is fantastic once you get used to the trigger,but i find it a little too heavy to carry around
    ok to sit in a hide with
    the s400 i find not quite as accurate but not far off but then again not as expensive
    at the club i always take both plus a bsa springer
    & always use the s400 more
    if out on the land walking or shooting from the car it's the s400
    so if it was me i'd be looking for a second hand s400 to see how you get on
    cheers for advice all new guns are for lighter than the old hw 80 i used to shoot in the late 80s and scopes are totally different too but main thing for me is buy once and keep a few years money is not as important as getting the right kit. will try to get to a couple of clubs n try and listen to the advice cheers Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I own both, The hw100 is incredibly reliable and accurate, as is the air wolf, The only downside with the hw100 k is the shot count, The wolf of course has no such problems. I have been shooting FT with the wolf, with some good results for me, Its in as new condition 2 years old and is for sale at the moment, as I have got more serious about the FT, Steyr
    hi thanks for that which airwolf is it please realy fancy the latest model but would consider others depends on where you live you can message me
    Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post
    Yes, I didn't like the HW100 as I didn't like the stock or the fit of the stock for me and I also didn't like the side leaver,

I also like that Daystate are only 20mile away and have a fantastic customer support.

ATB

Matt
    makes sence i have fired a hw100 a couple of times and a mk4 daystate both i liked but need a few more shots through including the airwolf. daystate informrd me that the airwolf was slightly heavier than the mk4 but without scopes on i liked the balance of the airwolf.
    Nigel

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    I have a mk3 and 400cc MVT AirWolf, don't realy notice any weight differance, BUT, the 500cc Airwolf is not as nicely balenced.

Lightweight, easy to point, good shot count, multi or single shot and walnut stock. That would be the Daystate Huntsman Regal. Previously had the HW100 and although it was reliable, I found it very front heavy in the field.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

I would have to say mk4 out of your chooses you have listed

thanks for all the advice have managed to shoot a couple of the guns now but not going to rush into it might look at a complete used good setup.