Thread: Plastic Orange Webley Oil Container

Plastic Orange Webley Oil Container

Even the later Webley accessory prices seem to be buoyant at the moment as I noted one of the little plastic orange oil containers has just sold for £60 at internet auction with 23 bids.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Even the later Webley accessory prices seem to be buoyant at the moment as I noted one of the little plastic orange oil containers has just sold for £60 at internet auction with 23 bids.

Regards

Brian
    That is a very welcome surprise as I have several.
    I wouldn't have expected it to sell for even half that price.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Not a pleasant surprise for me. I could do with one to go in my Hawk box.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Oil bottle

Not a pleasant surprise for me too, it is the only thing I require to make my Scorpion pistol perfect
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by The armourer View Post
    Not a pleasant surprise for me too, it is the only thing I require to make my Scorpion pistol perfect
    I don't know if the small BSA clear plastic oil bottle as supplied with the Scorpion pistol would command a similar price, as the same type oil bottle was supplied with numerous BSA rifles, but who knows.
    It wouldn't surprise me if a few more of the orange Webley oil bottles now appeared on Eb@y, and if so, it will be interesting to see what they make.

l was surprised as they usualy go for around £30

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post

Regards

Brian
    and I thought I was sad, yes love the old Webleys but £60 for a plastic oil bottle that cost pence to make I just cant see that myself, but each to his or her own I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    and I thought I was sad, yes love the old Webleys but £60 for a plastic oil bottle that cost pence to make I just cant see that myself, but each to his or her own I suppose.
    Hi,

As always, it's a supply and demand thing which can sometimes throw-up what seem to be silly prices. If you are an addicted collector however and can afford it, you will probably pay what it takes to fill the glaring gap in your collection.

I always believe things are worth what somebody is prepared to pay and to them anyway, will be worth every penny.

Regards

Brian