Thread: S410 rebuild settings and advice please

S410 rebuild settings and advice please

Hi, my S410 is now completely in bits, awaiting new oring pack, and firing pin.

Should I look to polishing the firing pin seat at all? I could use the old firing pin to lap in some t-cut or chrome polish?

I meaured the firing pot, but not sure if this was right, so any advise on how to set the depth of this without trial an error? I have modified the pressure gauge housing so I can get to the locking grub screw easily, without removing the gauge housing if it does come down to trial and error.

How many turns out should the little grub screw on the side be as a starting point?

I am guessing I want to set the rifle to about 11.2 from the main firing valve, as long as the side grub screw is in a good start point....

Any other tips and tricks? The hammer slides nice and free.

Please PM if not happy about discussing in open.

Thanks - Geoff.
    Thanks - Geoff.

re

The turns can be diff on all s400,you need access to a chrono mate,you need to polish the hammer rail at the back,then a wipe ov thin oil 3 in 1 or any light lube,somtimes they have a thick grease on the thats a bit sticky,also look on for the crinkle washers so you can ditch the o rings on the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    The turns can be diff on all s400,you need access to a chrono mate,you need to polish the hammer rail at the back,then a wipe ov thin oil 3 in 1 or any light lube,somtimes they have a thick grease on the thats a bit sticky,also look on for the crinkle washers so you can ditch the o rings on the trigger.
    Got a Chrony, so no ssues there, thanks
    Thanks - Geoff.

re

after rebuild,just wind out for more power wind in for less,its just a transfer port.