Thread: Excellent Customer Service

Excellent Customer Service

I have been recently looking into getting a small scope and narrowed it down to either the Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32 or the Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 BDC. With none of my local RFDs stocking anything in a similar size/price range i decide to take a punt and go for the Vortex. Having seen mixed feedback on this site for Riflecraft I emailed Darrin at XTX Air. Sadly Darrin didn't have one and advised me that Riflecraft had none in stock. He suggested I should contact Riflecraft direct and order one.

I checked the Riflecraft website which did not indicate any stock problems so I ordered and paid for the scope only to be emailed the following day to advise me that due to high US demand and a backlog of orders they could not give me any idea when my order would be processed. I responded asking if they had the same scope with either the v-plex reticule or in the rimfire version. Callum from Riflecraft replied promptly by email offering me the Crossfire II 2-7x32 suggesting that this scope would be vey similar to the Diamondback. To be honest I was a bit annoyed by this response as it was exactly the same as another poster on this site had experienced. I sent a bit of a snotty email back suggesting that whilst the Crossfire might offer a similar specification it must be inferior in some significant way to the Diamondback otherwise the price differential could not be justified. Having heard such great things of the Diamondback range I said I would hang on for while but if all else failed I would cancel the order and buy a Nikon Prostaff from Uttings.

To give Callum his due he phoned me the following morning and explained that the lenses of the Crossfire II are indeed virtually the same as those in the Diamondback but the internals are somewhat different. He then offered me an ex display Diamondback (with a very small scratch on the underside of the turret) at trade price (£120 as opposed to £140). I decided to take up his offer and the scope arrived 2 days later. One of the lens caps had broken in transit which Callum replaced just as quickly with no quibbling. The scope looks very impressive and I can't wait to get it fitted and sighted-in.

I've just taken delivery of a Sportsmatch 1-piece mount from Tawnado Airguns at a fantastic price which again arrived within 2 days of placing the order.

Two cases of pretty good customer service.

JimWW

Hi Jim

Like yourself, a few weeks ago, I too was after a new scope for my .22 rimfire. It was either the Prostaff or the Vortex, and I too opted for the Vortex. I think that the numerious good reviews and that life time, unconditional warranty of the Vortex swayed the decision for me.

In my case, I was after the Diamondback 4-12x40 AO with Dead-Hold BDC Reticle. Typically, Like yourself, I was told by riflecraft this scope was out of stock, but they did have 1 left of the new model HP SF diamondbacks, the 3-12x42. Apparantly this scope was an overseas order that had been cancelled.

The price for the new model was somewhere in the region of £280 - £290, but I managed to get the price down to £250 posted. When the scope arrived though, the elasticated eye piece cover was missing from the box, but after a quick phone call to rifecraft, I was told that the cover was probably left out of the box when the scope was packed at the factory, and riflecraft sent out a replacement the next day.

All I can say is, wow, this scope is optically superb. And with the added feature of a side focus dial, getting the site picture perfect is even easier while out in the field..
    I did some zeroing at the weekend and I am now getting some pretty dedcent groups, so bunnys beware,

Good luck with your scope mate and let us know how you get on when you have it mounted,

John

Diamondback HP : http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...ex-moa-reticle
    Last edited by luckymjr; 22-07-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal