Thread: S400/410 carbine or classic or superlite

S400/410 carbine or classic or superlite

Looking for some advise on the s400/410.
    I am new to air rifles and looking to buy my 1st.
    After spending the last month trawling the net and You Tube I'm pretty well set on a S400 or at a stretch a 410.
    I don't intend to hunt, just FT and HFT.
    So my question is which style of s400 would be best for those purposes
    I appreciate it is subjective but I'm just looking for opinions to help steer me in the right direction.
    Many thanks

Go for the classic, more air capacity. For 30 or 40 shots you need the best consistency you can get, so in my view there is no advantage in having the carbine. The weight isn't an issue and they are close to each other anyway.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

400 classic in .177 if its purely for targets
    Last edited by Trumpetier; 23-07-2014 at 09:24 PM.

My research suggested the 410 was unnecessary as my intention is only HTF so I went for the 400 as my first rifle.
    I was also told on two separate occasions that the single shot was more accurate but can't verify that but I guess as the pellet is in the chamber before firing makes some sense.

S400 classic for sure, for targets/HFT/FT or days at the range dont bother with the S410.
    A carbine will be ok for HFT though say 10 practice shots then another 30 to shoot the course then a few spare for any whistle blows, id still get the classic though.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    They all point in the direction I was going so that has made my decision easier.
    Cheers.
    Kevin.

+1 for s400 classic

If you were to buy the s410,you would be paying a load of dosh for an indexing system you don't need. I went for the s400 classic and I'm well chuffed with it.Far more accurate than me and not too dear to buy.

I've got an S410 classic, and if you're doing HFT, and assuming you're not getting a reg on it, I'd get an S400 classic.

Classic = more consistency between shots over a long shot string
    S400 = unless you're hunting, you don't need a mag, so why pay for it.

I don't believe there's an validity in the accuracy claims unless you've got a damaged mag which is deforming the pellets (never encountered that on an AA S410).