Thread: Transporting Guns

Transporting Guns

I need to buy a new slip / case. What do people recommend, I've seen some large 'squared off' padded slips, or are hard cases the way forward?

The shotguns get put in a slip and in the boot, but do I need something a little more protective for the air guns?

Thanks.

Hard cases are essential if you intend putting your rifle on an aircraft. However, if it is just going in the car then a decent well padded case is easily up to the task.

I've used the BSA Carbine backpack for a few years now, it's an excellent budget option (£36).

These ProTSC cases are also worth a look. Slightly more expensive, but the one I've seen was well made and offered plenty of protection. Three sizes available mean you should be able to get one which isn't overly long, making it an easier fit in many vehicles, and the pick'n'pluck foam versions ensure a snug custom fit for your equipment without breaking the bank. HTH

i bought a peli storm case for moving rifles about.

There's a branch of Sportsman near you, if anything like the Exeter branch they do regular deals & recently had hard cases on sale very cheap check their web site.

I use hard cases for both my air rifles

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i bought a peli storm case for moving rifles about.
    Excellent for putting on an aircraft. But heavy (c.8-10kg empty) and expensive.

Overkill for most situations, brilliant if you are flying.