Thread: Is it just me?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Is it just me?

Is it just me or are there plenty of other springer peeps who love the aroma of a springer in the "steadily" burning stage?

Now I know that we all know not to use too much grease in our springers, so I'm not condoning that at all.

BUT....the other week at the Lincs HFT Club, one of the chaps mentioned how he could just detect a "whiff" from my old 77. And it does. And it smells lovely, which he agreed on.

And I love the smell of a HW45...especially fresh out of the box and you blow the smoke down the barrel!

And the other week when taking those first few shots with the new little 99...that smell of the factory grease burning off is lovely.

Now, this ain't a technical post and I realise that consistency will be better when we're not burning grease; it's just 'COS I LOVE THE SMELL!!!!!

Just like Castrol R in two strokes and some classic racing cars!!!

P.S. I built that 77 over 4 years ago with a V-Mach kit (and, obviously the V-Mach grease) and it runs a mega consistent 11.4. Single figure fps variation and with that lovely smell as a bonus!
    Last edited by TonyL; 22-07-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: P.S. 77
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!