Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just me?

Was not too sure, just looked on the web, it's Ivan Mauger. There is a video on YouTube of him riding a speedway bike at 72 years of age!

Yes it was a very distinct "whiff" Tony, an unforgetable aroma. As for Castrol R, it was better than any perfume in my karting days.

Quote Originally Posted by nick-nic View Post
    Yes it was a very distinct "whiff" Tony, an unforgetable aroma. As for Castrol R, it was better than any perfume in my karting days.
    Aha, yes, V-Mach moly grease, Nick.

Hope you had a lovely holiday.

Will visit again as soon as I can. It won't be tomorrow, only just starting to get over a viral infection. Bloody horrible!

But, when I next come I'll be bringing the new little .177 99S.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

"And I love the smell of a HW45...especially fresh out of the box and you blow the smoke down the barrel!"

Thanks for this great thought Tony. The scent of a fired HW45 is one of life's pleasures for me too. The gun is also lovely to look at & a great touch toy.
    Perhaps there will be a pistol range at the September Open.
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    "And I love the smell of a HW45...especially fresh out of the box and you blow the smoke down the barrel!"

Thanks for this great thought Tony. The scent of a fired HW45 is one of life's pleasures for me too. The gun is also lovely to look at & a great touch toy.
    Perhaps there will be a pistol range at the September Open.
    Already catered for young man.

There's that BIG spinner that Mick made just for me at 4 to 5 yards and a few to go at at what might be considered realistic to adventurous pistol ranges.

I'm sure if we ask Mick nicely we could maybe have a dedicated bank of pistol spinners, though?

Just think, a line of 45s all giving off that wonderful aroma.....

Ber...doink!!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by nick-nic View Post
    those were the days . a whole pack of two strokes taking off from the start line on full throttle ! ,,,, WONDERFULL
    gat gun .25 cal

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Is it just me or are there plenty of other springer peeps who love the aroma of a springer in the "steadily" burning stage?

Now I know that we all know not to use too much grease in our springers, so I'm not condoning that at all.

BUT....the other week at the Lincs HFT Club, one of the chaps mentioned how he could just detect a "whiff" from my old 77. And it does. And it smells lovely, which he agreed on.

And I love the smell of a HW45...especially fresh out of the box and you blow the smoke down the barrel!

And the other week when taking those first few shots with the new little 99...that smell of the factory grease burning off is lovely.

Now, this ain't a technical post and I realise that consistency will be better when we're not burning grease; it's just 'COS I LOVE THE SMELL!!!!!

Just like Castrol R in two strokes and some classic racing cars!!!

P.S. I built that 77 over 4 years ago with a V-Mach kit (and, obviously the V-Mach grease) and it runs a mega consistent 11.4. Single figure fps variation and with that lovely smell as a bonus!
    Try lavender oil smells nicer
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.