Thread: Does anybody know why Combro crony won't work with Co2 guns?

Question Does anybody know why Combro crony won't work with Co2 guns?

Looking to buy a Combro crony but CH Westons ad says they don't work with Co2 rifles or pistols. Does anyone know why?

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecha mania boy View Post
    Looking to buy a Combro crony but CH Westons ad says they don't work with Co2 rifles or pistols. Does anyone know why?
    Never mind, another wasted post!
    Last edited by Retracted_Yeti; 22-07-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

The blast of co2 can give false readings unless u make a jig with pipe lt of places say u cant use em with springers too but you can get round that also

Question Interesting😄

That's interesting! Please could you provide a few more details about the pipe you used and how you used it?

Put some pipe between barrel and chrono shoot pellet up the pipe through the chrono taking away recoilfom springers or blasts of co2 from co2 guns

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    Put some pipe between barrel and chrono shoot pellet up the pipe through the chrono taking away recoilfom springers or blasts of co2 from co2 guns
    Good luck on that one!
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Please elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Never mind, another wasted post!
    Not sure what is meant by this?

Pipe

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    put some pipe between barrel and chrono shoot pellet up the pipe through the chrono taking away recoilfom springers or blasts of co2 from co2 guns
    on a combro??????
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Fit the Combro as normal and put a piece of paper in front of the the muzzle when firing. If you have a moderator fitted, the problem is already fixed.

However useful Combros may be, spending not a lot more and getting a full size chrono is well worthwhile.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mecha mania boy View Post
    The mist coming from a CO2 gun, or the oil mist (if any) from a springer can give a false reading between the sensor heads. The Combro attaches to the muzzle, so is monitoring the exit from the barrel where the mist will be concentrated, possibly triggering the first sensor before the pellet passes through. A Chrony type unit is shot through from a short distance away so that any interference from mist is reduced as it disperses in the surrounding air. As stated above, a moderator will help do this if fitted. Having said this I've used a Combro on many springers with good results, and also a couple of CO2 rifles. (checked against a Chrony F1).

I used one on a Hammerli 850 'cos no one told me I shouldn't and I don't do instructions, and it worked just fine.

It isn't the filth that comes out behind the pellet that is the problem. It is the residue from the previous shot coming out in front of the pellet that gets compressed into a tight wad and may trip the first optic.

Even the smokiest old springer full of Easy Start and diesel will give one good shot from cold. It's the second shot that will read slow, think smoky barrel residue.

A pre-charge pneumatic drenched in pellet lube can do it.

A CO2 gun using oily cartridges can do it, also makes lousy fizzy pop if you have a Soda Stream.

If you can see a puff of smoke then the cb-625 may also see it to.

First thing to try is moving the cb-625 a tadge forwards because a puff of smoke has poor cohesive qualities at high speed, unless it can form a ring.

Failing that, as was said, shoot through a piece of paper or stick masking tape over the cb-625 entrance. Something the pellet has to pierce, make sure the pellet arrives first at the optics. If this makes not one jot of difference then you do not have the problem.

Smile Thanks

Thanks to everyone who gave constructive answers.