Thread: Gun posting

Gun posting

Does anyone know can I send a repo pistol with Royal Mail ?

In short, no. You have to send it from your red to the recipients Rfd. Hence a face to face sale by proxy 😀

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I'm not sure what a repo pistol is? Replica??

But assuming it's not a PCP, so does not have a pressure canister or will be sent with CO2 cartridges, then you can send it by Parcel Force, but you have to take it physically to a post office/depo and label a description of what is in it on the package e.g. - spring powered air gun, no licence required. The it fulfils their requirements, but I'm sure the max insurance is only £100, and I think you have to pay extra for that.

You will be fine with this for anywhere in the UK, but it may be different if your posting outside of it.

Package it well!

James

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I'm not sure what a repo pistol is? Replica??

But assuming it's not a PCP, so does not have a pressure canister or will be sent with CO2 cartridges, then you can send it by Parcel Force, but you have to take it physically to a post office/depo and label a description of what is in it on the package e.g. - spring powered air gun, no licence required. The it fulfils their requirements, but I'm sure the max insurance is only £100, and I think you have to pay extra for that.

You will be fine with this for anywhere in the UK, but it may be different if your posting outside of it.

Package it well!

James
    You do NOT have to label it with the contents and in fact you'd be well advised not to alert anyone to the contents, except the Post Office counter staff if they insist on knowing exactly what's in the package. Say "sports equipment" first, and stress there's no prohibited items in it. That should discourage further questions.

Secondly, you can send pistols by Special Delivery and get up to £2,500 insurance, with £500 as standard.

Make sure there are no CO2 canisters in the pistol.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    You do NOT have to label it with the contents and in fact you'd be well advised not to alert anyone to the contents, except the Post Office counter staff if they insist on knowing exactly what's in the package. Say "sports equipment" first, and stress there's no prohibited items in it. That should discourage further questions.

Secondly, you can send pistols by Special Delivery and get up to £2,500 insurance, with £500 as standard.

Make sure there are no CO2 canisters in the pistol.
    Sorry Garvin that's wrong, RM rules state all guns are excluded from enhanced compensation, RMSD gives £500 basic cover but you will not get more than that.

Also is a "repo" strictly either a "gun for sporting use or a low powered airgun" (unless he means a co2 BB pistol) which are the stated legal items.

Now I would expect a repo to be covered but maybe not if it's a blank firer

Also as RMSD goes by air & so WILL be X-rayed, I would tell the counter staff it is a pistol covered by leaflet RMDG11 "gun for sporting use" so no reason to hide it, but mark the parcel "SURFACE MAIL ONLY"

Wow.... Another thread on postage.

Thank God for Angrybear, because if the op listened to the other so called 'advice' he would likely be screwed!

Wonder how many pages this one will run to?

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Sorry Garvin that's wrong, RM rules state all guns are excluded from enhanced compensation, RMSD gives £500 basic cover but you will not get more than that.
    Ah yes, angrybear, I think I did know that.

Fortunately £500 is enough to cover most pistols.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Wow.... Another thread on postage.

Thank God for Angrybear, because if the op listened to the other so called 'advice' he would likely be screwed!
    You mean like the time you were telling us that Royal Mail do not carry airguns, not even by RMSD Logunner? And you being a former Parcelforce employee and all.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Royal Mail

According to the RM website you CAN send airguns through the post but with a few caveats.
    This is the info' :

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/he...ohibited-Goods

Please scroll down to "Weapons" and read the second paragraph. I interprete that as airguns are fine.
    Has anybody been refused custom by the RM recently when trying to send an airgun?
    Just the facts, ma'am and less anedotes about your pal down the pub....
    Alan