Thread: BIG THUMBS UP FOR MAVERICK AIR RIFLES(airgunrepairs.co.uk)

BIG THUMBS UP FOR MAVERICK AIR RIFLES(airgunrepairs.co.uk)

Bought a Webley Axsor .177 off this forum in july and 2 things were wrong with it from the start.First it had a slow leak which over the course of a week or so would leak most of the air out and with the rifle not having an air gauge fitted it caught me out when I assumed it had about 180 bar in and took it up to permission and took a shot at a magpie and saw the pellet land not that far in front of me(At this time I was taking rifle to shop for refills,since bought a bottle).Second it had a strange fart like sound when fired which didn't sound right so I phoned chris from Maverick and he said he could sort it no probs I'll pick it up for free from your house as I live within 10 miles of his workshop and sort it for you.He came and picked Axsor up and had a good chat with him about all things air rifles,took it away and a week later he brought it back and I can honestly say its a different rifle now.He fitted a new firing valve and seal kit and polished bolt,cylinder etc and pressure tested rifle over a few days to make sure rifle is not leaking and set power at 11.4 average with AA field and did full chrono report all for £75 which I think is very good value and service.The rifle is very very quiet now with a HW silencer fitted and is very accurate.Took it up to my horse riding school permission yesterday morning and shot 4 rabbits within 30 mins(2 sat near each other).I had already bought some H & N field target trophy 4.50 pellets for it so have been using them and chris tested them as well and they run at about 11.5 ft lb and cycle very well in mag and very accurate and hard hitting.I know they service/tune PCP'S and springers and I highly recommend them.

Perhaps you'd like to write a short piece for Terry on Maverick :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....but-it-helps-)

All the best Mick

Cheers for letting me know about terry wanting people's good experiences of airgun related services.will email him of my experience with maverick .
    Kind regards
    Simon

Thanks for the kind comments Simon. Glad to hear you are pleased with the service. I will let Chris know.
    Kev