Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baikal MAKAROV MP-654K GEN 5 PISTOL

Yes, while searching on-line for the dangerous goods leaflet, I found a petition and stack of letters from folk strongly opposed to RM proposals regarding airguns.

PF48 is an option but the compensation is pathetic. For this reason a very experienced bbs member sent me a pistol by RMSD in the firm belief that it was legitimate.

The sticky regarding posting guns does at times waver regarding RMSD, but the first post still says it is a legitimate means of transporting small low power airguns/pistols? The letter to the OP cited the empty CO2 canister as prohibited, not the pistol. The fact that they disposed of both does indeed suggest a lack of consideration for the sender.

If anyone has written confirmation that RMSD will not deliver a small low power airgun, I would like to see it, indeed it would be best placed in the sticky regarding posting.

Ist things first...Andy,a full refund for the purchase has just been completed apologies for the delay and being so stupid as to leave an empty co2 cylinder in the parcel

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with Royal Mail though,
    letters and calls have been exchanged,
    and basically as an empty co2 cylinder was in the package,although loose in loose mag ...
    EVERYTHING in the package has been deemed destroyable! as per their rulings

I shall try through the Postal review panel for some sort of recompense....but not holding my breath

That's all folks

ATB
    Pete
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Just because their made up rules state you cannot send an item in the post does not give them a legal right to destroy what is legaly your property.
    I suspect that in a law court RM would be deemed to be acting illegaly by destroying your property, but it would need a determined and wealthy person to take them to task and they know it.......Utter ba****ds.

Pete.
    P.s.
    This week,locally, 2 Post Office vans were destroyed in an arson attack..perhaps a peed off customer is exacting revenge,if so I like him/ her already.

Utter Bunch of Bast**ds comes to mind , isnt there another carrier service we can safely use to carry airguns -pistols and rifles safely ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

alternative carier

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Utter Bunch of Bast**ds comes to mind , isnt there another carrier service we can safely use to carry airguns -pistols and rifles safely ?
    I use A.W. Express based in Rugby. They are a licensed hazardous goods carrier and carry airguns quite willingly. They are not set up fully for small parcels but deal mostly in industrial packages/pallets. That said they are very friendly and helpfull. I have used them a few times without problem......only downside is the compensation is low as it is based on industrial pricing but they assure me that they have never yet lost or damaged a package of any kind, and I believe them. Cost is dependant on distance.....average air rifle £25-£30.
    Pete.

I have sold several shotguns this year but only two air rifles and they were sent by my Hermes collected from my house and they were delivered next day but I try to do F2F as per the shotguns whenever possible , I am debating the Midland Game fair but my wife wants to come and she will see what I spend
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by PALADIN View Post
    Ist things first...Andy,a full refund for the purchase has just been completed apologies for the delay and being so stupid as to leave an empty co2 cylinder in the parcel

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with Royal Mail though,
    letters and calls have been exchanged,
    and basically as an empty co2 cylinder was in the package,although loose in loose mag ...
    EVERYTHING in the package has been deemed destroyable! as per their rulings

I shall try through the Postal review panel for some sort of recompense....but not holding my breath

That's all folks

ATB
    Pete
    Pete I have just had one pistol seized with an empty CO2 cart by Royal Mail. Expensive custom jobbie too that I donated to a competition.

One month later it was returned to me minus the CO2 cart !!!

Looks like i got lucky on that one, I donate a £500 gun, lose it then just about to pay the competition winner £500 when it arrives back. Must be Karma

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Pete I have just had one pistol seized with an empty CO2 cart by Royal Mail. Expensive custom jobbie too that I donated to a competition.

One month later it was returned to me minus the CO2 cart !!!

Looks like i got lucky on that one, I donate a £500 gun, lose it then just about to pay the competition winner £500 when it arrives back. Must be Karma
    Seems like RM are using a different set of rules, as by all accounts PALADIN should get his back if you've just got yours back.

Here's hoping for a good outcome, but Royal Mail are a law unto themselves.