Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bsa spitfire pcp

bsa spitfire pcp

on one of my visits round the gun shops was offerd this little pcp. I have the Firebied which I like a lot, this is the one you fill from a small botle like you find in a fire extinguisher, any opinions

Hi FattMann, I have the Firebird and the Spitfire complete with extra barrels. You can fill from a buddy bottle but you can also fill from a divers bottle as per a standard pcp. These rifles are supremely accurate especially the Firebird with fixed barrel, I shoot mine at small targets (about 75mm) at 70 metres getting continuous hits. These rifles orignally got bad press for leaking air. The reason is they should not be stored for long periods of time without being used. As long as you fire and top up the air once every couple of weeks you should have no problem. They are also very easy to keep in the legal power range due to allen screw adjuster. I find the Spitfire to be a nice weight and balanced rifle to shoot especially with the carbine barrel.

Regards, Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Hi FattMann, I have the Firebird and the Spitfire complete with extra barrels. You can fill from a buddy bottle but you can also fill from a divers bottle as per a standard pcp. These rifles are supremely accurate especially the Firebird with fixed barrel, I shoot mine at small targets (about 75mm) at 70 metres getting continuous hits. These rifles orignally got bad press for leaking air. The reason is they should not be stored for long periods of time without being used. As long as you fire and top up the air once every couple of weeks you should have no problem. They are also very easy to keep in the legal power range due to allen screw adjuster. I find the Spitfire to be a nice weight and balanced rifle to shoot especially with the carbine barrel.

Regards, Baz
    Hello

Great rifles and in good nick becoming rare. But you sure you can hit at 70m???
    That`s 76.5 yards with pre 12ftp.Are you using it as a mortar with respect.

Hooker.

Hooker we shoot at 70 metres at our club all the time. This is no great feat of shooting, you must have limited experience with air rifles. We have a wire line across at this distance with small brass bells that ring when we hit. The guys use a variety of rifles PCP and springers, in fact today I hit the bell with a Chinese Bam 40 I just aquired. All our rifles are sub 12 ft lb. There is a girl on youtube who shoots coke cans at 100 metres with a standard HW 100. What rifles do you shoot ? Rifles I shoot at 70 metres, HW 100 .22, Venom HW 50 .177, Spitfire .22 and .177, Firebird .22, BAM 40 .22. Just found another vid on youtube...

Baz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvTyVtPXFVM
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 26-07-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Baz speaks the truth.
    Even I do it!
    Most recently with a Venom 77 in .22 and a Venom 50 .177.
    PCPs do it easily.
    The real problem is the wind ,but if its still once you are on that's it.

Hooker we shoot at 70 metres at our club all the time. This is no great feat of shooting, you must have limited experience with air rifles. We have a wire line across at this distance with small brass bells that ring when we hit. The guys use a variety of rifles PCP and springers, in fact today I hit the bell with a Chinese Bam 40 I just aquired. All our rifles are sub 12 ft lb. There is a girl on youtube who shoots coke cans at 100 metres with a standard HW 100. What rifles do you shoot ? Rifles I shoot at 70 metres, HW 100 .22, Venom HW 50 .177, Spitfire .22 and .177, Firebird .22, BAM 40 .22. Just found another vid on youtube...

Baz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvTyVtPXFVM
    Believe it i when i see it.
    Limited experience with air rifles ?? ha ha Put your collection next to mine and see who talks.

There is none so blind as those that cannot see, should have gone to Specsavers...

Baz

Yes like the Firebird myself, mines rebarelled in .20 , very accurate with H& N F&TT.

There is none so blind as those that cannot see, should have gone to Specsavers...

Baz
    Christchurch massive on here lol

Baz
    Very proud of you !

In 1966 when I was in the Marines at Deal I had 15 hits on the target at 600 yards with 10 rounds of 7.62 and was very proud of myself. Can you work that one out.

Baz

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I can only guess that the two either side of you were giving you a hand.

The BBS gathering at Micks farm is the venue for resolving a little dispute like this one, get yourself along and see the bucket being pinged all day long. I've said it before and I'll say it again, my lad (14) did it repeatedly with an untouched £180 Beeman and a SMK non AO scope.

Dave

I don't follow what you are saying?
    If your lad is an excellent shot I presume you accept that there are others around?

Like Baz.

All he said was that he hits a 75mm target at 70 metres with his Spitfire.
    Which I have seen him do.
    I can also do it now and again.
    I would imagine plenty of the shooters on here can do that.
    As can a few more in our club!
    Last edited by gingernut; 28-07-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Frame View Post
    I can only guess that the two either side of you were giving you a hand.

The BBS gathering at Micks farm is the venue for resolving a little dispute like this one, get yourself along and see the bucket being pinged all day long. I've said it before and I'll say it again, my lad (14) did it repeatedly with an untouched £180 Beeman and a SMK non AO scope.

Dave
    Exactly right, it was a windy day on the Kingsdown range and we had to aim off quite a way even with the SLR. The guy next to me put 5 holes in my target, which I thanked him for. Major "jungle" Baisley thought I was the best shot ever. The best shot with a pistol was my friend in South Africa who hit a springbok in the head from 200 yards with my Benelli B76 9mm. Hated to say he was a better pistol shot than me.

Baz

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    No, I was trying to support the argument that it is not that unusual.

I've done it and I'm an ordinary, verging on crap shot. My son has done it with very basic equipment and I would describe him as a lazy shot, in that he doesn't bother with any technique at all. If he did, I think he'd have the potential to be a damn good shot.

The comment relating to the two either side was connected to the 15 shots on the target from a 10 round magazine.

Dave