Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on bsf gun wanted

BSF

Cheers I.J,

now to find a spring compressor.!!!!!!!
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The armourer View Post
    Cheers I.J, now to find a spring compressor.!!!!!!!
    Think vertical. If you have a drill press in your shed, you have one there. Quick, controlled compression and most have a lock.
    Is your BSF S60 the early version or a later model?
    Last edited by slow_runner; 26-07-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Bsf

Hi Slowrunner, I am not sure which version mine is, or how to tell the difference, its the only BSF I have ever seen. Give me a clue?

Hi The Amourer...

I have two versions of the S60. The early one I have does not have a scope rail. Although not stamped with the "N" (S60N), it has a walnut stock and chequering on the pistol grip. The other has a scope rail and a plain beech stock. Their "skinny" look deceives the power....

Best regards all......

When I bought this early BSF60 http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=23 the trigger was very poor, only firing on the last few mm of blade travel. On stripping I found that part of the die cast (?) trigger unit had broke. Luckily I had a spare trigger unit from a later rifle. On re-building I found that the trigger wouldn't work at all so I changed the piston to the later type. Success!!!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

BSF

Hi SRV1 and I.J.,
    Mine has the walnut stock and the scope rail, but the stock looks totally different to your photos, it does not have the transfer/etch on the compression tube, someone who alleged they knew what they were talking about said that mine was a late model, just before the company went belly up, and that it was an S60, with an S70 stock. Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    100% agree, one of the best of all West German Air- rifles, sadly no longer with us, I tresure mine.
    No longer with us as a BSF Dave but when Weihrauch took over BSF they progressively developed the 55 and it eventually became the HW85.

And the HW85 was developed into the HW95 so one of Weihrauch's best selling guns of today can trace it's roots back to the BSF55.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by splosh! View Post
    a must have for any collector, iv mangens to find one s70 in 177 and two 54 in 22 cal all in the past 6 monthes and im keeping them .
    You done well locating them in 6 months i know of a few but the owners won't part i only have a s60 & pistol for now.I would like the B55 Bavaria Delux carbine like i had years ago.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    When I bought this early BSF60 http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=23 the trigger was very poor, only firing on the last few mm of blade travel. On stripping I found that part of the die cast (?) trigger unit had broke. Luckily I had a spare trigger unit from a later rifle. On re-building I found that the trigger wouldn't work at all so I changed the piston to the later type. Success!!!
    I J, do you recall if that early trigger unit had a fat spring bearing on the end cap? The later units have a smaller diameter spring IIRC. I came upon one where the casting had spread wide and was lopsided; we straightened that up and replaced the dodgy small sear(?) compression spring. Someone had ground the sear back for God Knows Why.

Armourer, is there a chance you could put up an image or two?

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post

Armourer, is there a chance you could put up an image or two?
    I hope this photo and the following sequence helps.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=17

Re the spring. It was the standard coil spring which presses onto the end cap.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

early trigger unit

I.J. This is the early trigger unit with the fat spring I was speaking of. My first thoughts were that some person had replaced the spring but witness marks on the end cap match the spring diameter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psc59d7b28.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pscc60ff7f.jpg

The small spring in this image is a replacement. A lab monkee whos' brain had been served up as dining cuisine had fitted a flattened larger unit AND managed to distort the housing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps94553129.jpg
    Last edited by slow_runner; 30-07-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No longer with us as a BSF Dave but when Weihrauch took over BSF they progressively developed the 55 and it eventually became the HW85.

And the HW85 was developed into the HW95 so one of Weihrauch's best selling guns of today can trace it's roots back to the BSF55.

All the best Mick
    yes Mick 100 % agree on that.