Thread: FWB Model 90

Question FWB Model 90

Hey guys!

Just curious whether anyone could give me an idea of value on a FWB Model 90 air pistol? I am a pastor in Phoenix and a woman in my church recently lost her husband. This has forced a move and she has asked me to help her get rid of some of his things, mostly fly fishing equipment. She brought me this last Sunday and it is in EXCELLENT (read 99/100) condition with no box/papers. The battery is obviously dead, so I have a new one coming, but I have every expectation that the operations of the pistol are in as good of shape as the exterior! If anyone could just give me a starting point, that'd be great....I'd like to get as much for her as I can. I have a couple of interested parties here waiting for a price, but I just don't know where to start. Also, let me know if anyone on here is interested as well...here are some quick pics!

Quote Originally Posted by HuntMoore View Post
    Hey guys!

Just curious whether anyone could give me an idea of value on a FWB Model 90 air pistol? I am a pastor in Phoenix and a woman in my church recently lost her husband. This has forced a move and she has asked me to help her get rid of some of his things, mostly fly fishing equipment. She brought me this last Sunday and it is in EXCELLENT (read 99/100) condition with no box/papers. The battery is obviously dead, so I have a new one coming, but I have every expectation that the operations of the pistol are in as good of shape as the exterior! If anyone could just give me a starting point, that'd be great....I'd like to get as much for her as I can. I have a couple of interested parties here waiting for a price, but I just don't know where to start. Also, let me know if anyone on here is interested as well...here are some quick pics!

Hi there. It certainly looks to be in very good external condition.

I expect it will be worth several hundred dollars, but for a better valuation I suggest you ask the same question on the US-specific Yellow Forum, here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Agree with Danny, you will do better on the yellow forums. Just a couple of pointers. Before you ask for a valuation,try the new battery,as you may find that the solenoid has failed and it still wont work. The solenoid,which sits in the molded circuit board above the battery can be replaced by a good electronics company, as the FWB factory no longer supply them.Then check that the seals are all sound as they can go brittle or soft with age and require replacement.