Thread: HW100 anti hammer bounce springs

HW100 anti hammer bounce springs

Got a HW100K dose the anti bounce spring kit make a difference and are they easy to fit thanks Barry ,thanks for all you help think i will leave it
    Last edited by MARSH; 07-10-2015 at 06:57 PM.

It's not an anti-bounce spring, the HW100 has a mechanism to prevent this, it's just the twang from the hammer spring.

HW Tuning do a softer longer spring which will have less twang and will also mane the gun more efficient along with the valve Spring its supplied with, highly recommended.

Ok are they easy to fit

No they are not easy , put one in mine ,in the end had it put back to the original

For them to be effective you have to fit the hammer and valve springs.

I have the original in mine as the twang in my view is minimal, I've had many the occasions when I've shot several rabbits in succession without them bolting.

Out of the box the HW100 is a top performer but it's not a custom rifle, it's mass produced but with a little work it's as good as any out there, I wouldn't change mine for anything.

I have a GSX200 and it's an ultra tuned/improved version of a rapid and it just edges the HW100 but I have a feeling if I could get off my but and do a little work the HW100 would overtake the Impact.

Quote Originally Posted by MARSH View Post
    Just bought a HW100K its got a small twank whan fired, dose the anti bounce spring kit make a difference and are they easy to fit thanks Barry
    Hi,

Please don't go messing with the insides of a brand new gun. Let the gun bed in and after a couple of thousand pellets see how it is performing. The installation of all these after market springs, shuttles and so on requires the disassembly of the firing mechanism and the removal of the Anti Tamper. The HW Tuning hammer spring also requires the installation of the valve spring for the system to be balanced, which means that the Regulator has to come off and then re set prior to reassembly, not a job for the faint hearted. This will for sure invalidate any warranty on a new rifle and guess how I learned this. Mine now is as smooth as silk and all I had to do was to remove the grease from the shuttle and the probe and correctly re lube the trigger which can be done without tearing it to bits. HW 100 does not really need anything internal doing to it, it is a magnificent gun out of the box.

Kind Regards,

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Hi,

Please don't go messing with the insides of a brand new gun. Let the gun bed in and after a couple of thousand pellets see how it is performing. The installation of all these after market springs, shuttles and so on requires the disassembly of the firing mechanism and the removal of the Anti Tamper. The HW Tuning hammer spring also requires the installation of the valve spring for the system to be balanced, which means that the Regulator has to come off and then re set prior to reassembly, not a job for the faint hearted. This will for sure invalidate any warranty on a new rifle and guess how I learned this. Mine now is as smooth as silk and all I had to do was to remove the grease from the shuttle and the probe and correctly re lube the trigger which can be done without tearing it to bits. HW 100 does not really need anything internal doing to it, it is a magnificent gun out of the box.

Kind Regards,

A.G
    Totally agreed!

horses for courses.. when i got mine it was bog stock....... would group nicely out to 50 yds........and did exactly what it said on the tin
    however, me being me [cant leave anything alone] fitted the anti-bounce spring set........ adjusted the reg [this took 2 tins of pellets and experimenting to find the sweet spot]. modified the anti-tamper to be fully adjustable........
    and now i get 140 shots per fill, yup 10 mags worth [i have 5 mags which i fill twice] and it will now group as well as it did before at 50 yds, but now at 75 yards ! plus for a challenge i like to shoot small stones at 115 yards........ stone size usually around the 1p to 2p size.........and out of ten shots i will hit them 5 times [so 50% success rate at well over 100 yds sub 12]
    would i go through the agro again to set it up ? heyall yes!
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER