Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new break barrel rifle coming from Impact Airguns...RM100

Paid attention to it and then made it look crap

Could more than half fancy one, if they have done it properly....so if the trigger's good and it's smooth, it would certainly be on my wish list.

Especially after my very positive experiences with Tinbum's and Severnsrider's last year and Transporter's at this weekend's bash....Lovely, lovely firing cycles and I love the detent system...a bit BSA-ish, nice and positive, yet easy opening, feeling very well engineered and I have always LOVED that sturdy looking Allen headed barrel pivot bolt.

I'll be watching out for those first reviews.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Looks really good IMO (looks like a Theoben), and I could just see a .20 version sat in the rack but that is a lot of money for a break-barrel.

When you consider an HW90 will set you back £380. Or then again a HW80 @ £320 and finally a HW95 @ £250 it's going to have to be beyond exceptional.

rm100

it said in air gun world that they are only making 25

Quote Originally Posted by luap View Post
    it said in air gun world that they are only making 25
    so it is made up of old spare parts then..

Actually, in 32 years of shooting i have never ever seen anyone else, either in the field or at clubs etc. shooting a gas ram gun.
    Thousands of Theobens, yes, but all Rapids.
    Do not doubt that they are good guns, but never seen one in the flesh, used or otherwise.
    Cheers

Well if they're just assembling the last 25 from the old Theoben parts they took over (and that does tie in with rumors at the time Theoben closed down, saying there wasn't much on the shelves) - Then these guns will be literally the last few Theoben Evos. And hardly worth magazine reviews.

If they're going to re-manufacture (RM) something based on the old Theoben rammers - perhaps with improvements - that would seem more worthy of hype & reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    Actually, in 32 years of shooting i have never ever seen anyone else, either in the field or at clubs etc. shooting a gas ram gun.
    Thousands of Theobens, yes, but all Rapids.
    Do not doubt that they are good guns, but never seen one in the flesh, used or otherwise.
    Cheers
    You'll have to get yourself to the next Bash at T20's.....there are always loads of them there, with owners more than happy for you to have a go with one.

Keep an open mind.....they're really quite something!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo23 View Post
    Looks really good IMO (looks like a Theoben), and I could just see a .20 version sat in the rack but that is a lot of money for a break-barrel.

When you consider an HW90 will set you back £380. Or then again a HW80 @ £320 and finally a HW95 @ £250 it's going to have to be beyond exceptional.
    Mmmm....hard to argue with the above.

Unless you have loads of HWs, like me .....Having now had a go with a fair few of these, all of which were mightily impressive, I will have to own either a Theoben Gas Ram or HW90 one day, when I'm feeling more flush.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You'll have to get yourself to the next Bash at T20's.....there are always loads of them there, with owners more than happy for you to have a go with one.

Keep an open mind.....they're really quite something!
    I bet they are, i have always wanted a go with one, but chance never came round.
    I used to do a LOT of shooting - now the chance rarely presents itself.
    Is it the springer bash you refer to?
    cheers.

Sorry, thats a new gun it looks way to much like my Evolution £595, I think I will pass on that and agree, the triguer is crap on my Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    I bet they are, i have always wanted a go with one, but chance never came round.
    I used to do a LOT of shooting - now the chance rarely presents itself.
    Is it the springer bash you refer to?
    cheers.
    June '13 and '14 were Springer events.
    This last weekend's was an "open to all powerplants" event.

There have been plenty of Theoben and a HW90 or two at all these events.....The gas rams are so similar to a springer that they're always welcome, even on spring gun events.

A nicely set-up one (ie sensible gas ram pressure) is akin to shooting a very well fettled springer. Nice, quick, refined firing cycle. I'd love to spend some quality time on the range with one one day.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    June '13 and '14 were Springer events.
    This last weekend's was an "open to all powerplants" event.

There have been plenty of Theoben and a HW90 or two at all these events.....The gas rams are so similar to a springer that they're always welcome, even on spring gun events.

A nicely set-up one (ie sensible gas ram pressure) is akin to shooting a very well fettled springer. Nice, quick, refined firing cycle. I'd love to spend some quality time on the range with one one day.
    mmmm. sounds interesting.
    I don't have any springers at present. I have an Airwolf, a Falcon FN12 and my preciouseses - a Ripley XL9 With the Muzzle Brake and or Sleeved Silencer all dressed up in a High grade Paul Wilson SFT / HFT stock.
    ive boxed myself into a corner really, the Airwolf need a new battery, the Falcon is .22 and i get funny looks with the XL9 at a club, because its mag fed!
    But will give it some thought. Whens the next one?

The rifle looks good but it is the gas ram that would put me off,also it is a bit pricey at £595.

rm100

if they had said these are the very last theoben gas ram rifles i think they would of had no problem selling them
    but they say theobens lead designer works for them and has worked on making them better with less felt recoil
    so could they of given him a free hand to do what he wants with the parts from the last 25 make an improved rifle and if it
    sells well maybe produce them

i dont know what the bore and stroke is on any of the theoben gas rams but if you wanted to make a nice one would it be best with a bore and stroke
    simaler to a hw99 and tp of the best size could they of made it a dedicated uk 12ftlbs rifle could they of sleeved the cylinder

as there are only 25 will the hold there money if you brought one ,did not get on with it, sell it and not loose to much