Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new break barrel rifle coming from Impact Airguns...RM100

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    At first glance, it appears to be a "Evolution Upgrade".
    No qualms over Theo. "rammers", been using them for pest control, culling and hunting operations for 20 years or so. No particular interest in "techie stuff" as long as they perform in the field in all weathers, all mine have and I still use two Fenman one of which goes back to the mid ninties.
    See its only available in a right handed stock though ?.... great.
    “An airgun or two”………

Impact had the RM100 on their stand at the Midland yesterday. (and today I suppose)
    Didn't handle it but its big-ish and probably weighty.
    As suggested, its very much like an Evolution with a longer mod. Same EVO trigger. The "blacking" looks good but not quite in the same league as early Theo's in my opinion.
    Stocks nice (RH only) with "skip" checkering and a rosewood/spacer on the grip. Cant tell if its a Custom Stock job but very well could be. Subtle differences obvious to the previous Theoben Evo CS stocks. Copywrite issues ?

Pricey ?......yes probably but the proof will be in the pudding !
    “An airgun or two”………

Overpriced junk.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    mmmm. sounds interesting.
    I don't have any springers at present. I have an Airwolf, a Falcon FN12 and my preciouseses - a Ripley XL9 With the Muzzle Brake and or Sleeved Silencer all dressed up in a High grade Paul Wilson SFT / HFT stock.
    ive boxed myself into a corner really, the Airwolf need a new battery, the Falcon is .22 and i get funny looks with the XL9 at a club, because its mag fed!
    But will give it some thought. Whens the next one?

Up to now it's thought to be mid June /15, but we shall have to wait and see what T20 (Mick) says, you should try and get there, it's great.
    I have never shot a gas ram and I have been to three bashes, hope to put that right at the next one.

Chippendale (with clothes on)

We can put that right well before that date Mel, be in touch !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

I had two Theoben gas rams.

Nice looking guns but not a very good trigger, and they both regularly lost pressure and needed the use of a pump, or bottle for topping up, and then a chronograph for checking and fiddling about with to get the right power.

They were advertised as needing no maintenance guns, but the ones I had constantly needed attention.

I would never buy another.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

All there guns look like other guns on the market
    gamo hunter 440 .22 smk b3 crosman 2260 and 2240

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    We can put that right well before that date Mel, be in touch !

John.
    Nice one John, will look forward to it.

Mel

Impact Airguns also have a single shot Underlever Gas Ram in development.

I got a look at it a while ago albeit not in the stock it will eventually be in once fully developed.

Someone mentioned that only 25 break barrel gas rams are being made, I think this is wrong as whilst talking to Darren he told me that they had an order for that amount of the new break barrel gas ram's from 1 customer and this was while they were still in development.

Martin
    Last edited by Martin(rockape); 22-09-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Up to now it's thought to be mid June /15, but we shall have to wait and see what T20 (Mick) says, you should try and get there, it's great.

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Hi Mel

I have told one member who needed a years notice for time off work that we'll hold the first one next year on the weekend of 6/7th June.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I had two Theoben gas rams.

Nice looking guns but not a very good trigger, and they both regularly lost pressure and needed the use of a pump, or bottle for topping up, and then a chronograph for checking and fiddling about with to get the right power.

They were advertised as needing no maintenance guns, but the ones I had constantly needed attention.

I would never buy another.
    I've now got 5 theoben gas rams and not lifted a finger to them. As for the triggers you have to play with them once set they give a very clean break. I took them to the springer bash all those who shot them commented on their low recoil, good trigger and how accurate they were

RM swap the letters around what do you get ? MR to much of a coincidence. The same letters as the guy who bought Theoben from Ben Taylor and has RAW over in the states.
    Just a thought. Not wanting to upset anyone. Who agrees with me?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Mel

I have told one member who needed a years notice for time off work that we'll hold the first one next year on the weekend of 6/7th June.

All the best Mick
    Nice one Mick 6/7 June it is then, looking forward to it already.

The lead you gave me was just right, melted it down in an old pie dish, then screwed it to the rear of the frame that the chrono sits on, perfect, thanks again.
    Would post a picture for you but not being a technocrat am unable to do it.

Cheers

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    Actually, in 32 years of shooting i have never ever seen anyone else, either in the field or at clubs etc. shooting a gas ram gun.
    Thousands of Theobens, yes, but all Rapids.
    Do not doubt that they are good guns, but never seen one in the flesh, used or otherwise.
    Cheers
    I still have my old Theoben Olympus (built back when Theoben made rifles up to a quality instead of down to a price point).

It's still a superb piece of kit, a bit twitchy on the shot, but it doesn't seem to affect the accuracy as it's so quick on the lock time that by the time you can react to any recoil the pellet is already on the way to the target!

new break barrel rifle coming from Impact Airguns ...RM100

just wondering who theobens head designer could be as I worked there 25 years and it was always dave and ben apparently he has been there since the start of the gas rams so he must have come in on my days off. don't believe all you read in the mags people as you get more sence out of the sunday sport. this is the same old evo made up of leftover parts so hardly earth shattering. atb tony