Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: new break barrel rifle coming from Impact Airguns...RM100

Quote Originally Posted by guineapig View Post
    just wondering who theobens head designer could be as I worked there 25 years and it was always dave and ben apparently he has been there since the start of the gas rams so he must have come in on my days off. don't believe all you read in the mags people as you get more sence out of the sunday sport. this is the same old evo made up of leftover parts so hardly earth shattering. atb tony
    An enlightening response to back up my earlier post. Re inventing the wheel seems to be a speciality at Theoben/IA.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Nice one Mick 6/7 June it is then, looking forward to it already.

The lead you gave me was just right, melted it down in an old pie dish, then screwed it to the rear of the frame that the chrono sits on, perfect, thanks again.
    Would post a picture for you but not being a technocrat am unable to do it.

Cheers

Mel
    PM incoming Mate !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

just wondering who theobens head designer could be as I worked there 25 years and it was always dave and ben apparently he has been there since the start of the gas rams so he must have come in on my days off. don't believe all you read in the mags people as you get more sence out of the sunday sport. this is the same old evo made up of leftover parts so hardly earth shattering. atb tony
    So you don't believe it possible that anyone else could undertake some minor fettling/redesign of some items to improve the trigger and felt recoil? Come on Tony, people on here are doing it to their rifles all the time, so why shouldn't others with all the facilities of (presumably) a factory to hand do likewise? Just because you chose not to in all your 25 years there doesn't mean that somebody else couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    An enlightening response to back up my earlier post. Re inventing the wheel seems to be a speciality at Theoben/IA.
    What, this one "Overpriced junk. " (Post #35)? And there I was thinking "troll" when you really had a far more informed opinion than most on here..

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    What, this one "Overpriced junk. " (Post #35)? And there I was thinking "troll" when you really had a far more informed opinion than most on here..
    Theoben went bust for being exactly that. Now, given a new name and a £300 price hike they remain the same. A whole industry started producing parts to improve them because the original was lacking. I recognise that their are some fine examples of tuned guns but they didn't leave the factory like that.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    So you don't believe it possible that anyone else could undertake some minor fettling/redesign of some items to improve the trigger and felt recoil? Come on Tony, people on here are doing it to their rifles all the time, so why shouldn't others with all the facilities of (presumably) a factory to hand do likewise? Just because you chose not to in all your 25 years there doesn't mean that somebody else couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't does it?
    yes I agree with that severnsider but to make a few rifles out of left over and faulty parts change the name and slightly alter the stock does not a new model make. please remember I served time with at least one of these people and know exactly what they are capable of making or designing and it just about amounts to a stock or screw cut barrel change and until iam proved otherwise will stick with my opinion. do you think its ok to print untruths and exaggerated claims in a mag test to get sales? if so I dare you to buy one and prove me wrong. atb tony

yes I agree with that severnsider but to make a few rifles out of left over and faulty parts change the name and slightly alter the stock does not a new model make. please remember I served time with at least one of these people and know exactly what they are capable of making or designing and it just about amounts to a stock or screw cut barrel change and until iam proved otherwise will stick with my opinion. do you think its ok to print untruths and exaggerated claims in a mag test to get sales? if so I dare you to buy one and prove me wrong. atb tony
    just to add to my rant that if anyone has one of these guns or even a new precharged model and can show me one single internal part that is radically different from its theoben predesessors and I will happily eat humble pie atb tony

Does anyone know anything about the new GSX-T500 ? Looks like a tactical rapid 7 to me ! I do like it and am going to the shop in the coming weeks to test and buy one if it lives up to the claims made against it.
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Rm100

Saw this new break barrel at the Midlands and the underlever model RM200.When i asked the price of the underlever i was informed £695 and due out xmas due to the fact they are working on the trigger!!! available in 177, 20, 22 and 25 cal...Custom Stocks supplying the wood. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Saw this new break barrel at the Midlands and the underlever model RM200.When i asked the price of the underlever i was informed £695 and due out xmas due to the fact they are working on the trigger!!! available in 177, 20, 22 and 25 cal...Custom Stocks supplying the wood. Mach 1.5
    so they are making up the slr also....700quid though, the FWB is priced like that and looks to have been shelved for UK sales...i just do not think they will sell many sorry

Sorry, Tony - I have no idea whether they are making these from leftover and faulty parts or not, and not seen any magazine test either. It would be a real shame if they hadn't managed to make some improvements to the old design. While I'm not in the market for one at the moment, I wouldn't mind having a go on one. I rather like the older gasrams. Cheers.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    As I stated in Post #34, "The proof will be in the pudding" !
    Unless Mr. Doe performs an assessment and test on both air rifles and puts us all in the know ?
    “An airgun or two”………

has any one tried one yet

Sorry but don't see how there left over parts when the new GSX range are metric threads and Theoben were imperial threads kind of leads me to think its defo not left over or faulty stock I understand your pissed you wasn't asked to go back there but what do u think it will achieve tony by stating there using faulty parts ???

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    so they are making up the slr also....700quid though, the FWB is priced like that and looks to have been shelved for UK sales...i just do not think they will sell many sorry
    the SLR98 was about £650 so not much more. You are getting more from the Impact than FWB too, walnut stock properly designed for scope use gas ram power plant no ugly built in rear sight bracket and I'm sure theres more!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer