Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: new break barrel rifle coming from Impact Airguns...RM100

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    At first glance, it appears to be a "Evolution Upgrade".
    No qualms over Theo. "rammers", been using them for pest control, culling and hunting operations for 20 years or so. No particular interest in "techie stuff" as long as they perform in the field in all weathers, all mine have and I still use two Fenman one of which goes back to the mid ninties.
    See its only available in a right handed stock though ?.... great.

Hey john , I got a impact rm100 in .20 cal
    Very nice rifle and surprisingly light
    And very quiet
    Well done impact

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by luap View Post

i dont know what the bore and stroke is on any of the theoben gas rams but if you wanted to make a nice one would it be best with a bore and stroke
    simaler to a hw99 and tp of the best size could they of made it a dedicated uk 12ftlbs rifle could they of sleeved the cylinder
    It seems that gas ram guns need more swept volume than spring guns so a 99 size might not be a realistic option.
    If this is right I wonder why

First time I've looked at the RM100/200 considering the thread started last year!! They certainly are nice looking rifles, comes with a high price tag but then again look at how much it costs to buy a good condition 2nd theoben now.
    Good to see quality airguns from the uk again, hope they can make it a success and the model proves popular.
    Just need to win the lottery and that's me off to impact to get one.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    First time I've looked at the RM100/200 considering the thread started last year!! They certainly are nice looking rifles, comes with a high price tag but then again look at how much it costs to buy a good condition 2nd theoben now.
    Good to see quality airguns from the uk again, hope they can make it a success and the model proves popular.
    Just need to win the lottery and that's me off to impact to get one.
    Just took it out first time today and its fantastic,
    I've got all the early & late Theoben rammers and I will say that the impact rm 100
    Is definitely an improvement on an already excellent design
    It's so quiet I was very pleasantly surprised.
    Running .20 cal @ 11.6 with jsb's and it's accurate as hell.
    It looks heavier but it's actually ighter than my fenman
    The finish is lovely and stock feels like a custom job.
    The recoil is very very low indeed and sounds so smooth almost
    Like it's running at low power but it's not
    I recommend this rifle 100%
    Last edited by negotiator; 22-08-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Hi,

I am in the market for a break barrel/springer rifle. may I ask where you got it from and how much for please?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Hi,

I am in the market for a break barrel/springer rifle. may I ask where you got it from and how much for please?

A.G
    A.G got mine from a local rfd down in
    South Wales and it costs around £590
    Great gun though
    Atb j

Quote Originally Posted by negotiator View Post
    A.G got mine from a local rfd down in
    South Wales and it costs around £590
    Great gun though
    Atb j
    Looks great and the stock is amazing. I was in two minds between a ProSport or an HW 80 with tuning and perhaps a CS stock but your gun looks the part and if it is light and shoots well all the better I guess. Thanks for the info.

Regards,

A.G

I had the chance to shoot one of these the other day there.

Stunning rifle – but how do I explain how the trigger feels?

Holy ! That is the worst trigger I have ever used.

Imagine dragging a wheelie bin, without wheels, across a freshly ploughed field, in the middle of the night. Well the wheelie bin is smooth as butter compared to the trigger on the RM100.

I've shot an airgun that had been left to rust in the corner of an outhouse for 30 years – and it had a better trigger than this rifle.

It's like Impact Airguns have gone out of their way to manufacture the worst trigger known to man.

How is it even POSSIBLE to manufacture a trigger that bad with todays processes?

That being said, I'd still love to have one of these rifles in my cabinet!
    rangetime.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by CameronWilson View Post
    I had the chance to shoot one of these the other day there.

Stunning rifle – but how do I explain how the trigger feels?

Holy ! That is the worst trigger I have ever used.

Imagine dragging a wheelie bin, without wheels, across a freshly ploughed field, in the middle of the night. Well the wheelie bin is smooth as butter compared to the trigger on the RM100.

I've shot an airgun that had been left to rust in the corner of an outhouse for 30 years – and it had a better trigger than this rifle.

It's like Impact Airguns have gone out of their way to manufacture the worst trigger known to man.

How is it even POSSIBLE to manufacture a trigger that bad with todays processes?

That being said, I'd still love to have one of these rifles in my cabinet!
    So are you saying that you don't like the trigger?

In all seriousness, thats not great.

I have stripped many airguns but never ventured as par as the trigger - I dont trust myself.

Is the problem with the trigger an inherently bad design or is it more the finishing of the parts?

I know that you can improve most triggers with a bit of a light polish but is it possible to make the RM100 trigger any good or would it be polishing a turd?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Curlyone View Post
    So are you saying that you don't like the trigger?
    I love your screen name.

Anyway, to be honest I have no idea what's involved in tuning the trigger on that particular rifle. I've never owned a Theoben etc. It may well be a 5 minute job to sort it.

I was just shocked that any rifle being sold today could leave the factory with a trigger that bad – and double shocked considering the asking price of the rifle.

The bluing is perfect; the mechanics of cocking the rifle and shooting it are verging on a sexual perversion; it's super quiet (and I was even shooting a .177 version) and the stock feels like it was carved for me personally.

It's a bit like Cheryl Cole – it's love, until she opens her kisser.
    rangetime.tumblr.com

So it's probably an ideal winter gun then. Wear big thick gloves, especially on the trigger finger.

I was going to ask if impact had managed to improve the trigger from the old theoben tampers then I read the last few posts. Seems them just repackaged the old evolution in a cs stock with a different moderator
    Last edited by T 20; 05-10-2015 at 06:31 AM.

I love gasrams especially .22 fenmans, I think they are the most underated small breakbarrel legal limit airguns ever made.

You can keep the hws thanks way too long and heavy for general pest control inmo.

Although experience has taught me 1990s theoben engineering seemed to produce the finest gas rams, maybe it was a machining/tolerance thing.

Any post 2000 rammer ive owned once the fixed mounts had disappeared seemed to be a let down in wood in accuracy and in reliability.

Personally I think while you can still pick up a fenman for £300 ish in mint condition the new rm100 sales may struggle it does look very evo to me.

plus obviously with 1990s rammers you don't have mounts to buy and the hyedua stocks were beautifull especially on the Taunus, given the choice a rm100 or mint Taunus I would choose the taunus all day.

Do like the impact but its way too expensive, lay it at the side of a walnut prosport and justify the price, afterall the evo looked nice but I don't see anyone ranting about how much they love their evo however I still use my fenman weekly and its still bowling rabbits over at 40 yrds.

And to boot I paid £200 for it with a scope and a gunbag and its as new, still producing 11.6 ft/ibs on the dot and will shoot 1p sized groups at 30 yrds.

My rm 100 trigger is great , just the usual adjustment same as with my other gas rams

I wouldn't part with it to be honest , does everything it should
    Accurate, very light and very well made

Pic below
    https://imageshack.com/i/p5ax3qQ5j

https://imageshack.com/i/hjIr1VHOj