Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: co2 bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    I may not bother getting any then this brings me to my other point if you only use say half of the gas in a capsule the thing that bothers me is if you just loosen the screw and dump that gas would not the extream cold when the gas ascaps not harm the seals also.
    As said before dont leave co2 capsules in pistols etc where the capsule is in contact with the seals, for more then a few days max as it can effect your seals by making then go out of shape, (i never leave co2 capsules in my pistol collection if i can help it) and a lot of co2 capsules have slightly different nozzle heads, compere ASG to umarex and crossman for example..

If your pistol has a full size drop out magazine that the co2 sits in, you don't need to unscrew the co2 to empty it, press the valve button on the back side of the magazine, press it for a short second and release, the co2 will then come out of the co2 release port on the top of the magazine, keep pressing it in bursts until the co2 capsule is empty.

If you do not have a full size drop out magazine the the co2 capsules goes inside the pistol like on the umarex models, 1911 Beretta 92fs and cp88 etc, or any other gun that has a screw tightening system, slowly undo the screw and then tighten it again and do it in short bursts and the co2 will leak out instead of burst out, this way it will not freeze your seals, if you do by chance freeze your seal and your worried add a drop of pellgun oil to the seal after removing the c02 capsule..

As for dry firing, its not good to dry fire a real firearm, and its not good to dry fire a springer, but dry firing a co2 or pcp will do no harm to them..

I hope this helps..
    ATB, marc..
    Last edited by Marc.RG1; 09-12-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..