Thread: wolverine .303 FAC

wolverine .303 FAC

always wanted one and picked up a second hand gun (as new) the first weekend my FAC landed. had a couple of hrs with it zeroing and testing and thought people might be interested in how these things shoot. having watched the various You tube videos i was expecting it to be a beast and it certainly is. what i didnt expect was it to recoil like a springer, it has a definite kick to it, and is quite loud despite the moderator. Its a beautifully made gun, the engineering is superb and the bolt action and magazine very robust and well engineered. i have found its easy for the first loaded pellet to fall out of the 5 shot magazine, but apart from that it loads and shoots great. obviously its a bit limited as such, as ten shots from a 250bar fill (quick fill) appear to be it, but its got uses for me in certain specific permissions i shoot on, and also for the fun factor of owning such a gun.

shooting from a small bipod from a table i found it moved about if not held properly, leading to large groups at 50 and 70 yards. switching to a bean bag was better, and it cloverleafed the 7.62mm pellets at 50 and 1" grouped at 70 yards once i got used to it. it made a mess of my standard target boards at 50, and cracked into my steel swinging targets every time at 70 yards with half a dot holdover (zero at 50yd).
    i suspect its good for 100yard clean kills on most species of vermin such as rabbits, crows, pigeon etc. at 30 yards i had to hold under a mil dot on the scope. overall it was a very exciting first session with it. it will be put to use on a local golf course where i typically only ever fire 4 or 5 shots in a couple of hours walking, and should be ok if shot from a stick rest or bipod. its a large heavy gun, probably 12lb with scope, but i think its a keeper!

Great review Chris, as you know i also
    own a wolverine, they are a great gun and also fun
    to shoot.
    atb brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    Great review Chris, as you know i also
    own a wolverine, they are a great gun and also fun
    to shoot.
    atb brian
    nice one Brian. going to enjoy this gun i can see it!