Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mick Gault OBE

Mick Gault OBE

Congratulations to Mick Gault on his Bronze Medal Performance this afternoon in the Commonwealth Games 10m Air Pistol!! Equalling the record for the most decorated Commonwealth Athlete!

Seconded

It gives hope to all us 'old gits' out there.
    What a great hobby shooting is.
    Never too old!

He is 60 and wasn't far off the Gold at one point.
    However, that 'man mountain' of an Australian shot like a demon

Also interesting to note, top three shooters were using Morini 162ei pistols.

He did do excellently didn't he. I couldn't help bit notice how fast he took his shots compared to the other shooters.
    Congratulations Mr Goult.

The other thing that is making me really happy is the fact that all the reporters are referring to all the shooters as "sportsmen/women." Isn't that a turn up for the books coming from the BBC.

Just waiting for the daily fail to report on his achievement......

PISTOL WIELDING MAD MAN TAKES BRONZE AT THE COMMONWEALTH!!!!!

ATB. Hal.

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Big congratulations to Mick,couldn't be happier for him
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Just watched the final on iplayer and thought he did excellent , the pressure certainly takes its toll so surprised to see one chap fail to fire his last shot in a series of three. Also saw brief highlights of Dan Rivers taking bronze in air rifle following two shootoffs

Congratulations to Mick Gault for taking bronze. I did not actually view the match live but saw the result on BBC news. I have followed Mick's successes over a couple of decades and actually thought he had retired from the sport so to win bronze at 60 is an amazing achievement. Someone posted that the top 3 shooters were all using Morini 162EI's - I am now regretting selling mine but the FWB P44 it replaced is performing equally well for me.

I was lucky enough to be there to see it, we'll done Mick.
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

How they manage that pressure and still shoot so well amazes me, well done to all. The setup looked superb.

George

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    Congratulations to Mick Gault for taking bronze. I did not actually view the match live but saw the result on BBC news. I have followed Mick's successes over a couple of decades and actually thought he had retired from the sport so to win bronze at 60 is an amazing achievement. Someone posted that the top 3 shooters were all using Morini 162EI's - I am now regretting selling mine but the FWB P44 it replaced is performing equally well for me.
    He did. Twice

After Delhi he retired as the most decorated English Commonwealth athlete, then 12 months into retirement decided at the last minute to have a stab at the Olympics, but didn't get a Minimum Qualifying Score in time so wasn't eligible.
    Then someone tempted him out with the prospect of being the most decorated Commonwalth athlete ever so he's back again!
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemmers View Post
    He did. Twice

After Delhi he retired as the most decorated English Commonwealth athlete, then 12 months into retirement decided at the last minute to have a stab at the Olympics, but didn't get a Minimum Qualifying Score in time so wasn't eligible.
    Then someone tempted him out with the prospect of being the most decorated Commonwalth athlete ever so he's back again!
    And in tomorrow's 50m free pistol he has every chance of another medal
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

It ought to be...

Sir Michael Gault...
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Thumbs up

He did good. ...mike...

I do not wish to diminish in any way Mick Gault's achievements, but it is a bit of a sad reflection that in all those years we haven't produced anyone else who can give him a real run for his money.

I know that it is off topic, but very well done Dan Rivers in the 10m Air Rifle. Even if the press seem to have totally ignored you, the shooters know what you achieved. It was a great final.

Rutty

How about

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    I do not wish to diminish in any way Mick Gault's achievements, but it is a bit of a sad reflection that in all those years we haven't produced anyone else who can give him a real run for his money.

I know that it is off topic, but very well done Dan Rivers in the 10m Air Rifle. Even if the press seem to have totally ignored you, the shooters know what you achieved. It was a great final.

Rutty
    Stewart Nangle.
    He shot 578! the second highest score.
    Beat mick gault by 9 points.
    That's some shooting!

Made it to the final. Sadly no medal.

a great man respect