Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mick Gault OBE

Made it to the final. Sadly no medal.
    Yep, who was the second man to set foot on the moon? Unfortunately it's medals that count when it comes it comes to getting recognition and funding.

What I really meant to highlight was that Mick Gault has effectively dominated British pistol shooting for a long time. Although others have put up good performances, no one has managed to shoot as consistently as Mick. I think that he means it about retiring this time, so I do hope that we can find a couple of others to follow where he has shown the way. There are some promising young shooters out there, let's hope that they receive the support and encouragement that they need.

Rutty

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

The future

Mick did not retire again after failing to qualify for the Olympics he went into even more intensive training with the objective of a medal in Scotland, and well done to him in achieving it.

The future for our sport is bright with, from the same club as Mick, Norwich City, and the same coach George Darling, himself a Commonwealth games gold medalist is emerging the talented Kenneth Darling.

Kenneth at 17 and with only having been shooting for two years has just been invited to shoot in the world championships in Spain in the coming months.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Mick did not retire again after failing to qualify for the Olympics he went into even more intensive training with the objective of a medal in Scotland, and well done to him in achieving it.

The future for our sport is bright with, from the same club as Mick, Norwich City, and the same coach George Darling, himself a Commonwealth games gold medalist is emerging the talented Kenneth Darling.

Kenneth at 17 and with only having been shooting for two years has just been invited to shoot in the world championships in Spain in the coming months.
    Shot next to Kenneth at the last BPC meeting,a very impressive shooter,good luck to him at the Worlds
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

There was also some good positive coverage of the young Welsh shooter Coral Kennerley who made the women's pistol finals and finished sixth (including a good post match interview where she said how she had to stand in the bath and shoot through the house to practice at home )

Great work by all the British shooters at the Games and Mick Gault has achieved a lot to raise the profile of the shooting sports.