Thread: Couple of Webley Valuations please

Couple of Webley Valuations please

I have opportunity to buy from a friend and could do with a rough valuation:

Webley Tracker - Wood stock, generally good condition some light marks and a little pitting on the cylinder but barely noticeable - noy had much use, just not been wiped down properly after use. White 'Tracker' lettering has faded.

Webley Typhoon - Boxed but other boxed items other than the scope adapter are missing (pellets, target holder & targets). Good condition, slight fading to 'Typhoon' lettering on one side, other side perfect. Original brown grips.

Was the Typhoon a junior version of the Tempest or its pre-deccessor?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Tracker would be around the £100 mark if it's complete with iron sights, or alternatively with the rear sight blanking plate & sound moderator.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Thanks for the opinion John.

Anyone know much about the Typhoon?

cheers

Ed

Same as the Hurricane but with brown grips.
    Don't know why they did it.
    They are rarer.
    I bought a nice one without box for £70 3 years ago but it was sold on by a later owner for £120 recently!

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    Thanks for the opinion John.

Anyone know much about the Typhoon?

cheers

Ed
    The Typhoon appeared after the Hurricane in the 1980s and was essentially a smaller version of the Hurricane more suited to younger shooters.

They are rarer than the Hurricane, and I actually prefer their overall appearance which seems more in proportion.

A complete and fully functional Typhoon should be worth in the region £70-£80 with a small additional premium for the box.

Regards

Brian

Er, 'small additional premium' re box?????

The red lined boxes are not a small addition, I also think that the pistol valuation is low - assuming unmarked - without pics who knows.

My pristine item with all the bits including scope would not leave my hands for much less than £180.00.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Sad news

Its feels very odd writing this but sadly my friend who owned these guns was killed in an accident on Sunday.

His wife says she doesn't want them so it is likely that I'll sell them on her behalf some time in the future, I may buy the Tracker and a HW57 myself, but I will still need some help regarding valuations from you folks.

Its an terrible shame, the last time I saw him alive was on Saturday, I went to his house and cleaned his guns for him as he never got round to wiping them down - his missus told him he was 'on the naughty step'.

I'll check what there is and post up a new thread when the time is right, even though some of them won't be worth much I know he'd want them to go to people who are responsible and will appreciate them.

atb

Ed

Edit - From my memory there is Baikal break barrel, a Cometa or Gamo break barrel, HW 57, a Hungarian break barrel the Boxed Typhoon and the Tracker.

Hi Ed,

So sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your friend. It's probably just as well that we never never know what awaits us around the corner. It would be great to raise some money for his family and pass his guns onto somebody who will continue to appreciate them.

Good luck with the sale.

Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian, he rarely shot them these days but they always ended up coming out to be looked at when we were having a couple of beers.

He'll be sorely missed, its rare to find someone with such similar interests, airguns, making cider, homebrew and a love of all things in the countryside, its just such a terrible shame.

Ed

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    Thanks Brian, he rarely shot them these days but they always ended up coming out to be looked at when we were having a couple of beers.

He'll be sorely missed, its rare to find someone with such similar interests, airguns, making cider, homebrew and a love of all things in the countryside, its just such a terrible shame.

Ed
    Please accept my condolences for you friend, a sad loss mate

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks John, its much appreciated.

Ed

Sorry to hear about the sad loss of your friend, l sold a boxed Typhoon yesterday at the Melbourne fair in good condition for £110 hope this helps.

regards,

Mick.