Thread: which pistol for metal plate shooting

which pistol for metal plate shooting

evening all which pistol would you recomend for metal plate shooting
    thanks
    bigj09/jim
    bsa t10 scorpion in 177 / bsa scorpion se multishot in 22 / fn12 full lefty single shot in 22 / fn12 bullpup 22 done by bm bullpups very rare gun to find / aatdr in 22 / webley alecto 20cal / hpa converted 850 airmagnum in 22

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    I used to find that a Colt MKiv series 70 Gold cup in 45ACP with 200gr SWC lead bullets worked well for this, failing that a S&W 586 6'' with 150gr SWC in a Magnum load was very good as well.

Sorry- could'nt resist. The good old days pre '97.

But- you may be surprised to know that worked over GBB airsoft pistols work very well, close to the real deal.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Out of all my 20 pistols I found the cheapie Baikal MP 651K the fastest. You can shoot pellets or lead balls out of it and it has fast double action pull. Today I used a Drulov Eagle rifle for IPAS at 2.5 seconds, just to try it out.(In South Africa I used my namesake the Benelli B76.)

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    The majority use the umarex guns, either the 1911, CP88, or S+W 586.

I favour the 586, but it really is a matter of taste and what suits your hand and eye when drawing and aiming at speed. Try and handle a few if you can. And you will need 6 mags, minimum, if doing IPAS.
    Good deals with these members

which pistol

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    The majority use the umarex guns, either the 1911, CP88, or S+W 586.

I favour the 586, but it really is a matter of taste and what suits your hand and eye when drawing and aiming at speed. Try and handle a few if you can. And you will need 6 mags, minimum, if doing IPAS.
    I agree the pistols above cp88, 1911 and s/w are excellent for iron plate. I use a tuned 1911 and she is awsome.
    rgds kj68

Sorry to hijack but what can be done with a cp88 comp ? I already have wooden grips
    Thanks in advance

A CP88 is an excellent gun. It's all down to the shooter & plenty of practise.

Quote Originally Posted by Damo1 View Post
    Sorry to hijack but what can be done with a cp88 comp ? I already have wooden grips
    Thanks in advance
    You could have it tuned... the improvements can be quite astonishing with regards to smoothness/lightness of the trigger, improved indexing etc. ultimately resulting in more enjoyable shooting and you being able to pull the trigger considerably faster. Also, removing all of those iron plates improves reliability

Quote Originally Posted by oling View Post
    You could have it tuned... the improvements can be quite astonishing with regards to smoothness/lightness of the trigger, improved indexing etc. ultimately resulting in more enjoyable shooting and you being able to pull the trigger considerably faster. Also, removing all of those iron plates improves reliability
    Never tried it ? Who does the tuning ? Any idea of costs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Damo1 View Post
    Never tried it ? Who does the tuning ? Any idea of costs ?
    Hi. A chap called Phil Baker can do this for you. Cost is/was £35 Inc return postage. I ran an untuned CP88 Competition as my first gun and while a STC 1911 might have better trigger, it'll still out shoot most people. If you want Phils details PM me

Cheers

Andy