Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CrossMan 600

Quote Originally Posted by matt 1966 View Post
    They do come up occasionally. There is at least one for sale at the Melbourne air gun fayre on Saturday. Check their thread on here for details. One important thing about these is that is vital to shoot off the residual gas (when the power has dropped) or you will not be able to remove the end cap in a month of Sunday's. Good luck in finding one they are brilliant.
    Hi there yeah i noticed that too
    as below

Crossman 600

though without pics and a little detail its a long long way for me to go to go without knowing estimated the price, version etc just to be pipped to the purchace....

p
    Last edited by Clean Shot; 29-07-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Here's a few pictures of Crosman 600's and literature: http://mynetimages.com/album/Troubledshooter/Crosman

The carbine has a 9" barrel, and is currently in pistol form without the shoulder stock.
    Lovely 600 you have there. Did you Dremel the 1399 stock to fit? How stable is it, I have the stock but haven't risked the cutting about yet.

You live quite near Lawrie Amatruda who is an expert on these and might have one for sale.
    A search on here should find him.

There is also an arms fair at Bisley in October where you should be able to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    You live quite near Lawrie Amatruda who is an expert on these and might have one for sale.
    A search on here should find him.

There is also an arms fair at Bisley in October where you should be able to buy one.
    You have PM

Hi,

I'm really a early 'spring powered' air pistol enthusiast, but the 600 converted me to some extent anyway. I'm not a fan of modern Co2 replica firearm pistols, so wanted something a bit more classic and the 600 certainly fits the bill.

Trouble is, I have now felt the need to add a Crosman 150, Benjamin 262 and a nice boxed Benjamin 250 single shot pistol to the list. Where will it all end !

Fortunately, I'm not keen on the early American pump-up Crosman /Benjamin pneumatic pistols so I guess that's something.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    Lovely 600 you have there. Did you Dremel the 1399 stock to fit? How stable is it, I have the stock but haven't risked the cutting about yet.
    I bought it with the stock already 'adapted' to fit and with a 14" barrel, which I cut down to recommended optimal length of around 10".
    I also got the original barrel and grips in the deal.
    Once fitted firmly in position the stock seems stable enough.

early co2 pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi,

I'm really a early 'spring powered' air pistol enthusiast, but the 600 converted me to some extent anyway. I'm not a fan of modern Co2 replica firearm pistols, so wanted something a bit more classic and the 600 certainly fits the bill.

Trouble is, I have now felt the need to add a Crosman 150, Benjamin 262 and a nice boxed Benjamin 250 single shot pistol to the list. Where will it all end !

Fortunately, I'm not keen on the early American pump-up Crosman /Benjamin pneumatic pistols so I guess that's something.

Regards

Brian
    don't forget the Smith and Wesson 78G and 79G although single shot very accurate and a pleasure to shoot, cheers Tezz

Hi,

Regards

Brian
    If you are only to get one model 150, then look for a Ted Williams version. Much nicer and usually better made than the standard model. The one early pneumatic pistol that I suggest is the first Crosman model 105/106. These are all brass and take the same seals as the rifles so parts are easy to find. There is no better pneumatic pistol ever made than the early Crosman. A bit hard to find these days but well worth looking into.

I like the 250 series. Never cared for the latter 262.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    If you are only to get one model 150, then look for a Ted Williams version. Much nicer and usually better made than the standard model. The one early pneumatic pistol that I suggest is the first Crosman model 105/106. These are all brass and take the same seals as the rifles so parts are easy to find. There is no better pneumatic pistol ever made than the early Crosman. A bit hard to find these days but well worth looking into.

I like the 250 series. Never cared for the latter 262.
    Hi,

Thanks for the valuable advice relating to early Crosman and Benjamin pneumatic pistols. My general perception from reading UK reference material was that the Benjamin pneumatics were considered slightly better here than the Crosmans, having tighter linkages etc, but that the semi-auto 422 was a poor attempt to match the Crosman 600.

As I intend shooting rather than collecting these pistols, I went for Co2 to avoid the added effort to pump-up the pistol between shots.

They still had to have a bit of age though, so the Crosman 600 and a standard 150 fitted the bill perfectly. I bought the Benajmin 260 for direct comparison with 150 and like yourself, would prefer the 150 if I had to choose.

I just couldn't resist also adding a nice little boxed Benjamin 250, which has surprised me with both the power and accuracy obtainable from such a compact design.

Regards

Brian

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable advice relating to early Crosman and Benjamin pneumatic pistols. My general perception from reading UK reference material was that the Benjamin pneumatics were considered slightly better here than the Crosmans, having tighter linkages etc, but that the semi-auto 422 was a poor attempt to match the Crosman 600.

As I intend shooting rather than collecting these pistols, I went for Co2 to avoid the added effort to pump-up the pistol between shots.

They still had to have a bit of age though, so the Crosman 600 and a standard 150 fitted the bill perfectly. I bought the Benajmin 260 for direct comparison with 150 and like yourself, would prefer the 150 if I had to choose.

I just couldn't resist also adding a nice little boxed Benjamin 250, which has surprised me with both the power and accuracy obtainable from such a compact design.

Regards

Brian
    Having shot many examples of both, the Crosman 105/106 is superior to the Benjamin single shot pneumatic pistol. On the other hand, the Benjamin is superior to the Crosman model 130.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Having shot many examples of both, the Crosman 105/106 is superior to the Benjamin single shot pneumatic pistol. On the other hand, the Benjamin is superior to the Crosman model 130.
    Hi,

Are the pump arrangements used by Crosman & the Benjamin pistols similarly efficient ?

I understand it might take around 5 or 6 operations of the pump to achieve the same muzzle energy as a spring powered pistol would with just one operation.

This would obviously not be a problem for relatively infrequent use, but could be a problem when shooting a ten pellet string in paper target environment.

Regards

Brian

Always the problem with pumpers!
    Which is why I avoid them.
    I do have a Benjamin 122 for insect despatch which works well!
    I have also put a bid in for a Crosman 130 as it amused me and is easy to pump.

My Benjamin Super Rocket 267 is a recent purchase.
    Good pistol and nice bright yellow box.
    Not as good a shooter as my Crosman 157 but very well made.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Always the problem with pumpers!
    Which is why I avoid them.
    I do have a Benjamin 122 for insect despatch which works well!
    I have also put a bid in for a Crosman 130 as it amused me and is easy to pump.

My Benjamin Super Rocket 267 is a recent purchase.
    Good pistol and nice bright yellow box.
    Not as good a shooter as my Crosman 157 but very well made.
    Hi,

Firstly, I should really apologise to the original poster for hijacking and slightly deviating from his original Crosman 600 subject, but one thing just seems to have led to another.

Anyway, I would agree that the Benjamin 'Rocket' is not quite as nice as the Crosman which not only has better sights, but also uses the more readily available 12 grm Co2 capsules. However, I have to admit both are made to good standard for what would have been a relatively cheap, mass produced pistol at the time.

I am attracted to the early American pnuematic pump-up pistols, it's just a shame that one or two strokes isn't sufficient to provide reasonable muzzle energy.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 31-07-2014 at 01:02 PM.

I just go into my local Wilko for 8 grm.
    10 for £4,but only £3 this week with kitchen offer.
    Liss capsules.
    On the net as well.

Hi,

Are the pump arrangements used by Crosman & the Benjamin pistols similarly efficient ?

I understand it might take around 5 or 6 operations of the pump to achieve the same muzzle energy as a spring powered pistol would with just one operation.

This would obviously not be a problem for relatively infrequent use, but could be a problem when shooting a ten pellet string in paper target environment.

Regards

Brian
    The pump efficiency is the same with both brands. Crosman pretty much copied the Benjamin pneumatic pistol design, when they came out with the models 105/106 in 1946.

For me, the point is a precision hit on what you're aiming at. That goal is much easier with a pneumatic vs a spring gun.