Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CrossMan 600

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    The pump efficiency is the same with both brands. Crosman pretty much copied the Benjamin pneumatic pistol design, when they came out with the models 105/106 in 1946.

For me, the point is a precision hit on what you're aiming at. That goal is much easier with a pneumatic vs a spring gun.

Hi Dean,

If absolute precision were the goal I would have to agree 100 % with your argument. Part of the attraction of spring powered air pistols for me is attempting to master their unique recoil characteristics and thereby achieve a reasonable degree of accuracy. I also enjoy the dynamic feel that only spring powered air pistols can provide over the slightly dead feel of gas or pneumatic pistols. However, there is no doubt that it is harder to achieve a similar degree of accuracy with a spring powered air pistol, which is a pretty good reason for owning both.

Regards

Brian

Just seen a boxed Crosman 600 on g* for £495

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Hi,

Looks like a nice third series Crosman 600 with it's original box and paperwork, but quite a bit overpriced in my opinion.

I was amused by this bit from the description:

"The weapon loads and fires as it should with a strong spring action, great fun to shoot".

Regards

Brian

To be honest that seems extremely expensive I wouldn't go for that. I guy on here sold a boxed unused model from thae States for less than that.

Yup saw it too.
    Taking the P155 and a bit more me thinks..

Absolutely love this pistol! I hope to own one one day
    Land Owner and Proud Supporter of 2nd Amendment JT Magbe Contracting

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    ... The body is made from Mazak/Zamak and can be painted or polished to the silver metal finish...
    Baz
    Do they come up well when stripped and polished? The original paint and finish is a bit rustic and chips off, but I guess after 40 years or more of use it is understandable. Original finish is probably more collectable...providing it looks reasonable.

Do they come up well when stripped and polished? The original paint and finish is a bit rustic and chips off, but I guess after 40 years or more of use it is understandable. Original finish is probably more collectable...providing it looks reasonable.
    The 600 is one of those rare collectable air guns where the finish doesn't really mean that much. What matters is how it works. It is only the fantastic and no where else available true semi-auto action that makes the 600 worth anything. Crosman made boat loads of this model and it is not a rare bird by any means. What you want is a great shooter. Look for one that has had a recent service by a top mechanic and works to perfection. Ignore the paint. It just doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    The 600 is one of those rare collectable air guns where the finish doesn't really mean that much. What matters is how it works. It is only the fantastic and no where else available true semi-auto action that makes the 600 worth anything. Crosman made boat loads of this model and it is not a rare bird by any means. What you want is a great shooter. Look for one that has had a recent service by a top mechanic and works to perfection. Ignore the paint. It just doesn't matter.
    Pleased to hear that. Yes those minor wear marks are it's badge of honour; it's earned that look after being used and enjoyed by previous owners

I did exactly what you said, I bought one from Lawrie Amatruda over here, it works very well indeed with Crosman Match (Flat head/Wadcutter) pellets, which apparently are just like Webley Vermin Pell. Apparently the one I have also copes with RWS Hobby and HN Field Target & Trophy.

It is well built, accurate with good power, a very nice trigger and fully adjustable (real) iron sights....oh and it's a 0.22 ten shot repeater. It's a puzzle why they stopped making such a great gun!
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 10-08-2014 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Typo

I'm quite keen on the well used look but they seem to be quite easy to paint if you want.
    However the paint will wear off again.

I have a nickel plated/chromed? 600 with walnut grips which my friend Baz refers to as the Chinese Copy!

crosman 600

Hi guys, if anyone fancies a crosman 600 i have all 3 variations for sale all excellent ,about 27 in total ...if i have any problems with the guns i send them to lawrie for fettling,, all are guaranteed so any problems and you can send them directly back to lawrie,, to be honest i like all 3 variants the 3rd being easiest to gas up ,the 2nd variant actually has a hole in the end cap as the co2 capsule goes in neck down and seals like a modern pistol up agains a urethane washer..just mentioning the various triggers they are all exactly the same in pull and weight,just the later ones have alloy instead of a cast type..and the safety is not a problem on either type as i never use it,...it only holds the trigger forward ,gun can still fire if dropped or the sears break,,

I had heard of the man with 30 600s.
    Must have sold 3 then.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I had heard of the man with 30 600s.
    Must have sold 3 then.
    lol ACTUALLY I HAD 47 IN TOTAL...

Quote Originally Posted by tradingnow2010 View Post
    lol ACTUALLY I HAD 47 IN TOTAL...
    I'd hate to see your bill for gas and pellets