Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSF Wischo model 50 .177

How many of the Venom BSF 80,s do you reckon they made IJ, been after one for years and never seen one

I first saw one at M/c Air Guns when they were being sold new. Ive only ever seen a couple for sale s/h. I would be surprised if there was more than 50 made.
    Like I stated earlier - not my cup of tea but then again I have heard a rumour that some people collect Webley pistols. It takes all sorts.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I first saw one at M/c Air Guns when they were being sold new. Ive only ever seen a couple for sale s/h. I would be surprised if there was more than 50 made.
    Like I stated earlier - not my cup of tea but then again I have heard a rumour that some people collect Webley pistols. It takes all sorts.

ATB
    Ian
    Thanks Ian,

ATB
    Ian
    Ian

Can you elaborate more please ?

AFAIK the Venom Bavaria was a B55 with synthetic seals and a semi Tyrolean walnut stock and was made prior to the BSF 80 which was only available in beech and was produced at the death knell of BSF in 1984. I would say more like 20 than 50 were made and all in .22.

From 1977 (its opening) , I lived on the outskirts of Manchester and went to MAG on an almost weekly basis ( on a train and a bus) as I was 15 in 1977.

You were probably drooling at the FWB's over the counter at target sports in Astley Bridge in 1977 whilst founding Rivington Riflemen aat the same time.

Good choice with the BSF model 50, whilst I do not own one , a friend had one in .177 and it produced a good 11 Ft/Lbs much like a well sorted Hw50 Mk 1 (screw end block model)

cheers

Roger

venom bavaria

I spoke to Ivan at venoms a few years ago re- how many bsf's they produced , he told me although they were advertised in the AGW for a couple of months they actually made no more than 25 {he's words and at that time it was the only rifle they produced that they didn't keep one of for there own collection.

rgds kev
    Last edited by kevin.ronnie; 29-07-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.ronnie View Post
    I spoke to Ivan at venoms a few years ago re- how many bsf's they produced , he told me although they were advertised in the AGW for a couple of months they actually made no more than 25 {he's words and at that time it was the only rifle they produced that they didn't keep one of for there own collection.

rgds kev
    Thanks for the info Kev, so one of the few Venom guns that wasnt a success.

IIRC the Marauder series of rifles were produced by Worcester Black Powder Supplies (or summat)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Oh yes, they were Anschutz 335 rifles with big springs or something..

this is a Venom BSF ...
    Ian has it right. Not just Anschutz, but HW/Original as well, Marauder being WBPS's name for their custom conversions.

Here's their ad from Nov.85.

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Ian

Can you elaborate more please ?
    What? About Webley pistol collectors?

AFAIK the Venom Bavaria was a B55 with synthetic seals and a semi Tyrolean walnut stock and was made prior to the BSF 80 which was only available in beech and was produced at the death knell of BSF in 1984. I would say more like 20 than 50 were made and all in .22.

I bow to your better knowledge of BSFs. 'Every day is a school day'

You were probably drooling at the FWB's over the counter at target sports in Astley Bridge in 1977 whilst founding Rivington Riflemen aat the same time.

About that time I was forming Blackburn & District Outdoor Airgun Club. The owner of Target Sports, Ian Kirby gave us great support.

cheers

Roger
    rgds kev
    Says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    Thanks for the info Kev, so one of the few Venom guns that wasnt a success.
    Along with the Sharp Innova conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Ian has it right. Not just Anschutz, but HW/Original as well, Marauder being WBPS's name for their custom conversions.
    I seem to remember there work on Original 45's (Marauder 45) included shortening the barrel from the breech end to save the choke.

rgds kev
    Kevin

thanks for that confirmation from Ivan , glad to see my instinct was correct .

regards

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Kevin

thanks for that confirmation from Ivan , glad to see my instinct was correct .

regards

Roger
    Well done Roger.

Heres a photo of a BSF80 http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=35 Its even uglier than I remember.

ATB
    Ian

Ugly is

not my cup of tea but then again I have heard a rumour that some people collect Webley pistols. It takes all sorts. ATB Ian
    Nah, they just doing the rest a favour by keeping them out of circulation

Well done Roger.
    Heres a photo of a BSF80 http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=35 Its even uglier than I remember. ATB Ian
    The stock was old FEG??

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Nah, they just doing the rest a favour by keeping them out of circulation

We should all thank them then!

Well done Roger.

Heres a photo of a BSF80 http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=35 Its even uglier than I remember.

ATB
    Ian
    Ian

Whilst beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you think the S80 was ugly, I have a late BSF catalogue with a picture of the underlever S54 M in a 80 stock and the 80 barrel weight !

It also has a B55 'Special' with the 80 barrel weight.

I assume these were the last gasp efforts to increase sales with 'modern' designs.

Incidentally it rates the Model 50 with a muzzle velocity of 230 metres per second in .177 and 180 metres per sec in .22.
    For comparison the B55 is 265 and 193 respectively. hence the 50 is up there power wise.

HTH

Roger

Have to say to my mind BSF were and are still one of my faves , good to see I am not the only one here who thinks the same.

BSF

I've got a BSF mod 45 .177 , power around 7.5 ftlb , not very powerful , but for me the nicest to shoot by far.

rgds kev