Thread: Question about the rarity of a BSF Air rifle

Question about the rarity of a BSF Air rifle

Hey guys and girls,

I have somewhat recently purchased a BSF Bavaria Mod 50 in .177, It's in really good condition. I was wondering how much they are generally worth these days?

I'm in Australia, and I've NEVER seen one or even heard of one, and Info is damn near impossible to find.

It shoots nicely (considering the only time Ive shot it was on a REALLY windy day and I was still hitting the pellet trap directly behind the targets from 15m out. It's nice aand quiet too!

A member on here (hey Mark!), has helped me out with some literature on the B50, just a very small leaflet type thing, so if nyone has anything else, I'd really appreciate it.

Anyway, I hope you guys can help me out - would just be cool to have some more info.

Thanks,

Luke

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hey Ian,

Thanks for that mate! Looks like $145AUD is what you're paying, I paid $90AUD - I got a sweet deal! Very nice AR's, feel great in the hand.

Only potential negaative - the trigger requires a fair bit of pull, and if I lighten the pull too much - it won't cock. But all in all a very nice gun, and VERY pleased with my purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanMe View Post
    Hey Ian,

Thanks for that mate! Looks like $145AUD is what you're paying, I paid $90AUD
    Story of my life.

Perhaps if you strip the rifle (they are pretty easy if you have access to a spring compressor ) and check the trigger over. Theres a small spring near the blade that can break. Then possibly de-greasing it and re-lube it. I use dry lube on mine (e.g. graphite powder).

HTH
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Story of my life.

Perhaps if you strip the rifle (they are pretty easy if you have access to a spring compressor ) and check the trigger over. Theres a small spring near the blade that can break. Then possibly de-greasing it and re-lube it. I use dry lube on mine (e.g. graphite powder).

HTH
    Ian
    Hey Ian,

If I was to remove the trigger adjustment screw, would that be done by simply unscrewing it from the back without the need to remove everything from the stock? seems like the adjustment screw might be just moving and some loctite may fix it.

Your thoughts?

PS - pretty late reply huh? :P I don't have a spring compressor and wouldn't know what to do or where to begin apart from unscrewing it from the stock.

Stock removal is only three screws.

A bit on little BSF's

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanMe View Post
    Hey guys and girls,

I have somewhat recently purchased a BSF Bavaria Mod 50 in .177, It's in really good condition. I was wondering how much they are generally worth these days?

I'm in Australia, and I've NEVER seen one or even heard of one, and Info is damn near impossible to find.

It shoots nicely (considering the only time Ive shot it was on a REALLY windy day and I was still hitting the pellet trap directly behind the targets from 15m out. It's nice aand quiet too!

A member on here (hey Mark!), has helped me out with some literature on the B50, just a very small leaflet type thing, so if nyone has anything else, I'd really appreciate it.

Anyway, I hope you guys can help me out - would just be cool to have some more info.

Thanks,

Luke
    http://cinedux.com/bsf-air-rifle.php

I have always wanted a BSF.
    Despite being officially imported into the UK for years, and clearly hewn of steel , they seem to be a fairly rare sight these days. Must be rarer still in Australia.

I recall reading a number of comments over the years stating that that the BSF models have rather highly compressed mainsprings.

This http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...?sort=6&page=1 may be of interest to BSF lovers.